twice as hard

We arrived at the castle, many extravagant cars pulled in to the parking lot. A man in a white coat was the valet.

I grew nervous, all these people have accomplished so much, what have I done?

"You ok?" Ivo asked pulling up to the valet "yeah.. Yeah I'm good."

He smiled "you're going to do fine"

I nodded, still unsure.

The valet took the car and soon we were walking up the stairs, I felt sick, like I was going to throw up in front of all these important people and I'm going to make Ivo look bad.

My hands began to shake slightly, why do I feel like this?

Ivo grabbed my hand and I calmed as we walked through the door. They weren't kidding about the fancy attire, I felt like I was pushed back into era of kings and queens and knights and dragons.

"Oh wow" I whispered

"I know they really stepped it up this year" Ivo said

He pulled me to the crowd and we mingled.

Lots of people staired at me. Was I dress to over the top?

A large man with a dark tux approched us, "Egghead! How have you been?" He shook Ivo's hand aggressively as if fighting for dominance.

"Oh who's this?" He asked looking at me, he held out his hand. I shook his hand and he was gentle. "General Vander" he said

"I'm (y/n), I'm Ivo's.." What was I to him.. A friend.. Oh god what if I say friend and he gets mad.. What if I say girlfriend and he gets mad.. "I'm.."

"My girlfriend" Ivo said.

My feet lifted off the floor and I raised from the party, through the ceiling and above the town, I floated through the air and into space. Girlfriend. Felt hot as I drifted through the stars.

"Oh! girlfriend!" Vander said

Slamming me back to earth. I nodded.

The conversation went on, Ivo and Vander went back and forth as I daydreamed.

Girlfriend.

Such a high title for someone like me.

All of the sudden I grew hot, uncomfortably hot.

I touched Ivo's arm "I'm gonna go outside for a bit"

He smiled "ok, Honey"

I grew hotter, we've never used pet names before?

I walke through the party, guess laughed an mingled, I think I saw Obama at one point. I felt rich, rich in a good way.

I reached the outside porch that over looked the garden. It was gorgouse.

Lanterns were scatered around to create a sort of romantic light

I walked down the rows of bushes to the fountain in the center if the garden. I sat on the edge and looked into the water for a moment before I looked back at the party.

The whole bulding was lit up with fancy lights, it was so beautiful.

"Hello" I man said

I turned to look at him, we was scrawny and wore large thick glasses. He looked like a cartoon nerd.

"Hi" I said back

He sat next to me on the fountain "are you enjoying the party?" He asked

I now folded my hands into my lap "oh.. Yes, its wonderful!"