Naruto

UZUMAKI NARUTO, needles to say, was late, again

In his defence, he was helping the old lady carry her groceries and dam those bags were heavy! That old hag must be pretty strong for being able to carry them half way from the shop to her house.

Naruto panted shamelessly like his dog, Kurama, with hands on his knees, mouth open, wheezing and all that jazz.

He expected the entrance gate crowd to have shifted over to the lockers by now but was nonplussed to see everyone there, well everyone expect Teme but then again, Teme doesn't count in everyone.

People of all cliques seemed to have come together to trash talk, he means– to discuss something atrocious. It must be something big cause the whole school seemed to have united together like never before.

He looked around trying to spot familiar friendly faces and he— he squinted.

Naruto better add 'Visit the Opthalm-something– Eye Doctor' to this greatly overdue to-do list.

Finally! He spotted Shikamaru, Choji and Dog Boy. He ran over to his hookey group, waving his hand, "Hey guys!"

Nearby peeps threw him a baleful look for interrupting their vile maligning.

"Keep it down, will ya?" Kiba hissed playfully in an equally loud voice, earning more nasty looks. While Naruto shot him a bedazzling grin.

"What's goin' on, Dattebayo!?" This time Naruto kept his voice down, he maybe an idiot but he is a smart idiot.

"Gaara cheated on Sakura.." Shikamaru, perhaps the only sensible person in their group explained. They all watched for Naruto's reaction but like we said, Naruto is a smart idiot. He kept his face carefully blank.

Everyone knew that Naruto had a crush on Sakura since day one but what everyone doesn't know is the reason: Naruto only had a crush on Sakura due to his rivalry with Sasuke.

Back in Primary School, Naruto noticed the way Sakura, along with all other girls looked at Sasuke, completely in love. He didn't get what was so good about him?!

He still pursued her. He asked her out again and again even though she made it absolutely clear that she is NOT interested but that didn't matter to Naruto, reflecting back on it now he understood how shallow he was being.

But later.., he realised Sakura's love for Sasuke was irreplaceable and he backed off.

But then in middle school, he observed Sakura stopped pursuing Sasuke and he saw his chance again. To show Teme that he got what Sasuke couldn't, he asked her out again but that didn't happen as well as he expected, wait- what did he expect?

For her to forget Teme and fall into his arms? Psh as if!

Sakura rebuffed all his advances and stopped with the boy dramas that was until high school, when one day she turned up to school along with her best friend, Yamanaka Ino and Sabaku-no-Gaara. And they had been together, ever since, for a couple of months now.