12. Exam week

°°°

°°°

Exam week was upon them and the first round was the written exams. All students were given new quills, which have been bewitched with an Anti-cheating spell.

Amelia sat directly behind Justin and noticed when he would scratch the back of his neck. A little habit he does when he's nervous or stressed.

After the written exams, Amelia was surprised that she was able to still remember most of the things she learned in October.

" Hey, how did you do?" Amelia walked beside Justin as the two headed toward the courtyard to enjoy the rare sunlight.

" Decent. But I think I failed the History section. You? " Justin exclaimed.  He truly blamed Professor Binns for being boring. The two sat under one of the trees and pulled out a book from their book bags. Now they had to prepare for the practical exams.

" I think I did 'ight. Did have some trouble in the defense against the dark arts section. " Amelia told him. Due to Professor's Qurill poor teaching. Amelia felt unprepared for that second. Which is why she needed to dedicate more time to studying. " That bloke is not coming back next year, at least," Amelia added.

" How do you know?" Justin asked.

" Aries told me. He said the D.A.D.A position is cursed and that a teacher can never last a year" Amelia said. She wondered how many teachers have taught the subject.

" How is it cursed?"

"It has to do with You-know-who," Amelia mumbled.

A shiver went down Justin's spine. He has been told the story of You-know-who and why Harry Potter is known as the boy who lived. He couldn't understand why pure-bloods, even some half-blood wizards hated muggle-borns so much.

" Crazy how one's mindset can cause the lives of many," Justin mumbled.

" Yeah..." Amelia trailed off. She glanced at Justin and noticed his worried expression. Although You-know-who has been defeated. A lot of his loyal followers are out there, brewing up something horrible. And if anything were to happen, she knew Justin would be in danger. " But he's gone now. Which is good."

The two sat outside for a while longer until they started to get hungry and headed toward the Great Hall.

The next day was the practical exams. Nerves filled Amelia's body as she tried to calm herself down. With each step she took toward her first practical exam, Amelia felt her heart pound against her chest as her brain yelled at her to turn around. Although she studied furiously for the last couple of weeks, Amelia still didn't feel prepared.

Her first round of exams was with Professor Binns. All students spent an hour answering questions about historical events in wizard history. Once the exam ended and everyone had to roll up their parchment, a chorus of cheers exclaimed across the room. All students were simply happy with the fact of not having to listen to Binns dull voice anymore.... until next year.