what you wanted

Night was about to fall, and Remus was still in bed. He'd left in the morning to go to work, but he thought to that a nap would refresh him enough for the night's proceedings. He'd been sleeping a lot more than usual, but with his girlfriend living in another country and his parent's death, he didn't particularly like being awake.

He'd always been on good terms with his parents. They were never too hard on him or too easy either. Though his examples of other parents were the dramatic contrast between the Potter's and the Black's, he still thought that despite his lycanthrope complications his family was fairly...normal. His father worked a low level job for the Ministry and his mother was a housewife. His parents never fought or if they did it was in quiet undertones so that he couldn't hear them from his room.

They were nice people, good people, nothing that would ever do anything worth being mentioned in the Daily Prophet or remembered by many, but they lead a simple, quiet life and there wasn't a day that went by that Remus didn't miss them. It was a small ache, bearable, but painful nonetheless. No one else in the world may have seen his parents as anything more than just a name on a list of people who died that day, but it didn't matter to him, because they still mattered to him.

His brown hair was in his eyes and his body was sprawled out over his bed, his arms linked around one of his countless pillows. He didn't hear her portkey in.

Dorcas had mastered it, she'd thrown up the first few times, but like anything else she struggled with, she adapted to it until there was no trace of a problem. Her hair was curled and back off her face and she wore a sensible pin skirt with a matching grey blazer and three inch heels. Dorcas kicked off the shoes first, and then she went into his closet to borrow one of his shirts when she saw a note on his dresser.

'Third drawer, doe'

She frowned, releasing the sleeve of one of his t-shirt's she bent down and opened the drawer. Half of it was empty, but on the other half sat all of the spare clothes she had left over the past month. Her breath caught in her throat, and she stilled. His books, his things and on some occasion even his clothes were spread out across his one room flat. He wasn't a neat person, but he had taken the time to fold her clothes. A note appeared in the empty part of the drawer, and it said, 'yours.'

Tentatively, she stepped away and walked over to her sleeping boyfriend. She crawled over to him and sat down next to him. Her lips were trembling, and she peered down at him tenderly, her knuckles grazing his stumble.

He stirred, his amber eyes fluttering to open, he smiled, "Doe."

She dropped down and kissed him, it was soft and slow. And when they broke a part, he let out a shallow breath. Dorcas said, "I found the drawer."

"I thought you needed it."

"You folded my clothes," She beamed timidly.

Remus shrugged his shoulders, his hand clamping onto hers. "I did."

"I love you."

"I thought you might." He grinned boyishly, his head dropping back onto one of his endless pillows.

Dorcas giggled and kissed him again, just as lightly as before. "You're cute."

"I've heard that before...from...someone."

"I have to change, and go." Dorcas said, her nose brushing against his.

"Mmmm." Remus said, leaning up and nuzzling her.

Dorcas giggled, holding onto him as she buried her face into his chest. They stayed this for a few minutes, one of them would kiss the other and then the other would beam as if they'd never been kissed properly before. It wasn't their anniversary, birthday or a date that either of them would remember because of one another, but ever since they graduated all they got together was stolen moments. Nothing note worthy really, but it did happen to mean everything to the pair of them.