01

"Hey Kenma! Have you heard of this disease?" Hinata asks as he lightly tugs Kozume's hoodie, he shows him the screen of his phone that includes information of the disease he was talking about.

[Star tears disease

People suffering from unrequited feelings will cry "stars" they're similar to glass and are incredibly painful, and... tap to expand]

"I haven't yet, do you really beleive in those kind of things?" Kenma raised a brow in a teasing manner, Hinata pouts in return.

"But I've read tons of articles of people getting it! Plus I've also been spotting quite a few blind people as of late..." Hinata defends himself while the boy in front of him just smirks and leans closer.

"Eh? I doubt they got it from that particular disease."

"You're indirectly calling me dumb, I can feel it" Hinata furrows his brows, Kenma giggles because of the smaller boy's statement. "It's because you're overanalyzing things."

"I'm not! I really think this disease exists!"

"Well, let's say this does exist... now what?"

"Aren't you scared? You might get it and turn blind or something."

Kenma pats Hinata's head "Awww you're actually worried about me?"

The orange haired boy swats Kenma's hand jokingly and said "Shut up."

This caught the Kenma off guard but he quickly laughed lightly letting out a sigh afterwards "I never fell in love, I just can't see anyone that way."

Shoyo shots a look of disbelief "That's impossible."

"It's not, now don't you worry about me getting such a silly disease, I haven't even fallen in love, falling into an unrequited one is unlikely."

Hinata looks down "Still..."

Kenma took Hinata's arm "You get too upset easily Shoyo, I'll take you to your classroom, lunch is almost over."

Hinata beams a smile whilst nodding.

They've been friends since elementary, since Kenma found the little tangerine crying alone at the park, since the moment they laid eyes on each other.

So of course the first person Hinata would think of when he skimmed through those articles about the disease was none other Kenma.

His best friend.

"Hey Kenma!" A deep voice called from afar, the cat like boy turned around already expecting the person he saw. "Hi Kuroo" he greeted back with no enthusiasm present. Kuroo jogged his way to the Kenma with a smile plastered on his face. Kenma gazes at his the taller boy "You look awfully happy today."

"Haha! Of course! Tsukki gave me a bracelet as a gift" the gleeful man announced while showing off a black beaded bracelet with dinosaur patterns, grinning ear to ear through the process. "Lame" Kozume mumbled, hoping his friend didn't hear his remark, but sadly that wasn't the case.

Kuroo's smile fell apart "I've been looking for you all lunch period and that's what you're going to say to me? Gee thanks Kenma" Kuroo rolls his eyes, currently scowling.

"I just came back from Shoyo's classroom, I always go there whenever lunch ends, you should know that by now."

"Oh? by any chance are you and Hinata... dating?" Kuroo smirks teasingly, shooting finger guns at the pudding head. Kenma's eyes widened "No!" He answered almost immediately.

"Wow chill, no need to get so worked up about it geez."

"Whatever, we'll get late again if we stay standing here" The blonde turned his back and started walking.

"It's your fault why we get late in the first place! Always talking to Hinata and—" Kuroo started rambling out loud as he tags along behind. Kenma didn't realize that Kuroo was talking, his thoughts were clouded and he was feeling uneasy. It was as if something decided to bore a hole into his chest, he felt emptier than usual, he couldn't think straight.

"Oh? by any chance are you and Hinata... dating?"

That question was meant to be a joke.

But why is it bothering Kenma so much?