04

2 days later (lunch break)

"Kuroo-senpai!" Hinata waves his hands trying to grab Kuroo's attention. The senior waved back but with less enthusiasm.

The little tangerine skips his way to his friend, actually, acquaintance is more appropriate in describing their relationship. "Hey Shrimpy" Kuroo smirks while Hinata just frowns.

"I'm joking! Haha! Fancy seeing you here Hinata"

"Well... That's..." Hinata looks away fidgeting his hands, the boy looks awfully nervous. Kuroo raised a brow, but then sighs right after "is it about Kenma?"

Hinata looks at him with sparkling eyes "Yes! Is he alright?"

He was eager to see his friend again even if only two days has passed.

"Why can't you ask him yourself? You already know where he lives, you should try and visit him whenever you're free."

"But... I have a gut feeling things would go awkward if I went there alone, he confessed to me the day before he was absent, I think it's partly my fault... Or maybe I'm just overthinking."

Kuroo furrowed his brows, his fists slightly clenched. Partly your fault? You're the whole reason why Kenma is in pain! Your very existence hurts kenma physically and emotionally, you—

"Kuroo... Senpai?" The orange haired boy asks with a hint of concern.

Kuroo's eyes widened, he slowly shook his head, he couldn't believe what he just thought of, blaming someone so innocent and pure. He felt disgusted by his own very thoughts. When Hinata accepted Kenma's feelings, it's only because he doesn't want to hurt him. If he knew about Kenma's situation then the boy would've rejected him in a heartbeat.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I kinda spaced out"

"It's okay! Do you want to visit Kenma with me?"

Kuroo thought about it thoroughly, he doesn't want to see Kenma, he can't bare seeing his friend in such a state, but at the same time Hinata would refuse to visit Kenma if he would decline the offer.

Ah fuck it.

"Sure thing, let's go after school"

Ding dong

"Hmmm, are Kenma's parents home?" Hinata looks around as he asks the boy beside him. "Eh beats me, they're both probably at work right now" Kuroo answered.

That's the 5th time we rang the doorbell, why isn't anyone answering? Hinata thought as he stares at the doorknob, the boy slowly twisted it.

The door slowly creaked open. "Their door isn't locked!" Hinata exclaimed. "Kenma is so stupid he should double-check the door once in a while" Kuroo rolls his eyes.

"Is it okay to come in?"

"Well, it's not like we're entering a stranger's home"

"Let's come in then!" Shoyo removed his school shoes before going in the house.

Ring ring ring

The sound of a ring tone startled both of them, it was coming from Kuroo's phone. "P-Please excuse me, I'll just answer this real quick, you can head on first"

Shoyo nodded as he watched the tall figure walk away a few feet from the house, guess I'll check on Kenma first.

Hinata started climbing the stairs, each step he took, a peculiar sound of twinkling can be heard louder and louder. He wonders where it came from.

He takes the last step. He's in front of Kenma's room, the peculiar sound of twinkling is clear as day, does this mean it came from Kenma?

He held the doorknob, his hands were shaking.

Is this a good idea?

He twisted it, opening the door cautiously.

His heart sunk.

There were tears coming out of Kenma's eyes.