03

"Are you okay?" Kuroo asks his friend, he was worried, it's evident through the tone of his voice and the way he looks at him.

"More of less, my eyes still hurt but at least I stopped crying I guess" Kenma spoke, he slowly blinks, he's tired, he even got used to the stars. Now his head was throbbing in pain.

"There's got to be a way to stop all this"

"I'm getting dizzy, you should think of ways while I lay down" Kenma plops down his bed closing his eyes.

"Well, there's no known cure but I've checked a handful of articles myself actually!"

"You're such a loser"

Kuroo pouts, "Even when you're in pain you still find ways to say such nasty things to me."

"Isn't that supposed to be a good thing?"

"Yeah— I mean of course not! You just hurt my feelings, shouldn't you feel bad?"

"Just think of ways to get rid of this dumb disease, then I'll feel bad for you."

"You called it dumb and yet here you are suffering because of it" The black haired boy murmured while looking away from Kenma.

The pudding head shoots his eyes wide open and glares at the man besides him "Kuroo I swear—"

"I was joking! I can only think of two ways at the moment" Kuroo scratches the back of his head.

Kenma raised a brow "Spit it."

Kuroo raised two fingers "Make Shrimpy like you back" he lowers his middle finger "Or make your feelings go away."

"How does the latter work?" The blonde slowly rose up from his bed. The first choice was too bothersome and time consuming, he's good as blind by the time Hinata finally acknowledges his feelings, judging how dense that boy is.

"Glad you asked! You just have to confess, if he crushes your dreams and reject you then it'll be easier to lose feelings"

"Well that's straightforward" Kenma rolls his eyes fixing his sitting position. "There's no other way to tell you, plus you're not the type to get all moody with me saying those kinds of things once or twice"

"Well the question is, will it work?"

"I can't guarantee it, but if you plan on confessing I highly recommend doing it tomorrow on lunch period"

"Tommorow? Why so soon?"

"Basing it on all the reading material I've seen about this so called star tears, people go blind in over a week, if you don't do anything about this as soon as possible then it's better saying goodbyes to that sweet 20/20 vision right now"

Kenma sighs, the black haired boy gazes at his friend's current state, realizing how his eyes were half lid and slightly swollen. Kuroo's hand started to do circular rubbing motions on Kenma's back as a sign of comfort.

He couldn't find the right words to say at that very moment, or maybe there were no right words at all. Maybe silence was the right choice, giving Kenma time to organize his thoughts.

Kenma breathes in looking down "I'll confess tommorow..."

Kuroo grins "Cheer up! I'm going to help you, don't worry!" Kenma returns it with a small smile.

"Thank you Kuroo."

Kenma: [Shoyo, let's meet up at the back of 3rd-year building, I need to tell you something]

Shoyo: [Aaa that's so sudden T__T good thing im close! Be there in a sec]

Kenma shoves his phone back into his pocket, his hands were shaking, he was nervous. He knows being rejected is part of the plan but deep down he isn't ready.

"Kenma!!!" Someone calls, he didn't even need to turn around to know who that person is. "Hi" he greets back with a wave.

"So! What do you need to tell me?" Hinata asks, very curious.

Kozume clears his throat, his heart was beating faster than usual. A drop of sweat went down his neck.

"Shoyo, I like you"

Hinata's eyes widened in surprise, this caught off guard, but he quickly understood the situation.

Then he smiled.

Kenma's stomach dropped, this is the first time he felt anxiousness seeing his bright grin. It didn't feel right, it didn't feel genuine. It looked forced.

Kenma's lips parted, trying to take back what he said, but nothing came out of his mouth, it's as if there was a lump on his throat. He crossed his fingers. Please reject me, please say sorry, please tell me you don't feel the same, please say you only see me as a friend, he kept wishing and wishing.

Hinata looks down fidgeting his hands before looking at Kenma once again, he breaths in.

"I like you too."

Kenma's eyes widened in fear, he could feel his chest tighten.

Why did you lie Shoyo?