Chapter 7 - Date

Nayeon's POV

After changing clothes, I went downstairs. I saw Jihyo and Tzuyu preparing our meal before we go home to our parents later.

‘Can’t wait for weekends. I wonder if Dahyun will let me join her now.’

Thinking of that made my mood drop. I walked to the two girls and on the chair beside the countertop.

“Jihyo.”

“Oh! Nayeon-unnie. Just a little more and these will be ready.”

“Okaaaay.” I just plopped my head on the countertop, still looking at them.

“I am wondering whether I will go to Dahyun’s tomorrow like I always do or I’ll just stay in my room for the whole weekends. That girl is ignoring me for days.” I said to them to release my frustration.

“Just stay at yours.” My neck almost snapped as my head quickly turned to Tzuyu.

“Hmm?” I hummed, raising my brow as if she can see me.

“I said just stay at yours, Unnie.” She said again nonchalantly.

“What if she’ll wait for me tomorrow and I didn’t show up? What if she’ll sulk at me again?” I said again, thinking of all the possible things that might happen.

“I doubt if that will happen.”

“How can you be sure of what you’re saying, Tzuyu? Did she told something?”

She faced at my direction and look at me. “You said yourself, Unnie, that she’s been ignoring you. If you go there, are you sure that she’ll be going to talk to you?”

“Maybe? I don’t know.” I just looked down as I realized that I’m not even sure if she’s there or she’ll gonna talk to me.

“I thought so. Give her time, Unnie. Maybe she’s going through something right now.”

“I’m just disappointed that she’s not going to me like she always does.” I sighed in defeat.

---

I am now alone here in the kitchen. I volunteered to prepare the plates as they are going to call the other girls.

“Nayeon.”

I can recognize that voice even though I am not facing her. “Oh, Jeong.” I turned to her. “Can you help me here?”

“Oh, sure.” She went beside me and help me carry the plates to the table. “I want to ask you something, Nay.”

“Yes?” I asked her as I am distributing the plates.

“Are you free tomorrow? Let’s go out.” She asked while scratching her nape.

I remembered again that I am supposed to go to Dahyun’s but that’s not possible for now. I didn’t realized that I started pouting because of that thought.

“Why? Is something wrong? It’s okay if you’re busy. There’s always next time.” She exclaimed in one breath as if she’s rapping.

“Hey. Calm down, Jeong. And to answer your questions. Nothing’s wrong and I’m free tomorrow.”

“So, does that mean you’re going to go out with me?” She asked with hopeful eyes.

I smirked at her, “Only if it’s your treat.”