CHAPTER THREE

"Rosie

"Rosie. Rosie, wake up."

"I'm sleeping." Groaned Rosalia.

"Rosie!"

Rosalia slowly opened her eyes to see Nimue's concerned look... and a strange nun who was starring at her. Memories from last night came rushing back to her. As she was struggling to sleep, Arthur had told her he knew a safer place, and that it was best that they leave now. Rosalia had agreed and suggested to wake up Nimue, but he had prefered to let her sleep and had carried her instead. As soon as Rosalia was shown this random room of Yvoire Abbey, she had let herself drift off to sleep.

"Yes?" Replied Rosalia, stretching her arms as she got up.

"Where's my sword?" Nimue asked, visibly panicked.

Rosalia shrugged.

"I don't know, Arthur had it."

"Well, where's Arthur?"

Rosalia thought about it for a second. She was so out of it last night she had forgot to check on Arthur.

"I don't know. Who is this?"

"I'm Sister Iris. But who are you?"

The door opened to let another Sister in before Rosalia could properly answer her.

"Iris. Child, does Abess Nora know you're out here?" She questioned.

"No, Sister Igraine."

"Well, it'll be our secret. Saved you some mulberries in the kitchen. Run along now, child. We have many guests here today. And they'll surely be needing some food and drink."

"Who are they?" Sister Iris insisted, looking at Rosalia and Nimue with suspicion.

"No one important. Run along now, child. Before one of the guests steal one of those mulberries."

Iris had no choice but to leave and as soon as she out of sight, Sister Igraine raised her hand to slap Nimue. Before she could do the same to Rosalia, she grabbed her wrist and let it go when she knew she had calmed down.

"You talk to no one unless I say." She ordered.

"How were we supposed to know?!" Rosalia yelled, not being used to be treated like a child.

"Where's my sword?" Shouted Nimue at the same time.

"How do I bloody know? Arthur took it, I presume."

"He what?" Repeated Nimue, her expression distorted by anger.

"Now, I don't want to know what you two are to Arthur or what trouble he's gotten you into but while you're here... Wait, where are you going? You can't go out!"

Sister Igraine attempted to stop Nimue but she pushed her to the side before heading out the door.

"Can you tell she cares a lot about that sword? I'm Rosalia, by the way."