CHAPTER FOUR

ROSALIA HAD LUCKILY  been able to find Nimue after the Weeping Monk let her go once again

ROSALIA HAD LUCKILY been able to find Nimue after the Weeping Monk let her go once again. Thanks to Sister Igraine, who turned out to be actually named Morgana, they managed to flee in a small boat. The water reminded her of his eyes, and Rosalia couldn't find a logical explanation of why he had saved her again. Sure, the first time she was bait, and the violence with which he had killed her people still haunted her to this day, so why was he sparring her life when she was technically his enemy? It made no sense, but Rosalia couldn't bring herself to tell Nimue about this. She couldn't pinpoint exactly why, but she was determined to keep their interactions a secret. It wasn't likely that she would see him again anyway, Rosalia and Nimue were headed to Gramaire, where Arthur and the sword he had stolen from Nimue were.

After they safely made it to shore, they kept in mind Morgana's instructions: if they successfully followed it, they should encounter a smuggler who was willing to take them to Gramaire.

The two girls hid behind a tree when they heard a carriage arrive.

"You think you're hiding? You think you're smart? You've traveled upwind. Easy for dogs. You've walked through the branches and not the seam of the green. You've led me right to you. Born in the dawn..."

"To pass in the twilight." Finished Rosalia and Nimue.

The man gave them a hand.

"Hurry now. You girls are not my only stop today."

Rosalia and Nimue sat in the carriage, where a little girl was fearfully hiding behind her father.

"We found them this morning. Snake clan. They must have ran all the way from Harrow's pond. Hundred miles. Woods are full of Fey survivors. The paladins keep us busy." He revealed.

"Have you seen a little girl? About nine with brown hair. Her name is Willa." Rosalia couldn't help but ask.

"Yes, we've stumbled upon her yesterday. Took her somewhere safe."

Rosalia sighed of relief, feeling as though things might finally be somewhat okay.

"You don't know how much I love you right now. Thank you so much! And I don't even know your names."

"I'm Dizier. This is my wife, Clothilde. And no problem, we were happy to take her to Nemos. She told us all about her big sister who was fighting the Weeping Monk."

"You what?" Repeated Nimue.

"Honestly, I was just trying to erase this moment from my memory. He used me as bait so that Fey people would come and save me. And it worked. He killed them all, including Illya."

"How did you escape?"

"I don't really know..." Answered Rosalia, and it was partly true.

Eventually, as they were getting closer to Gramaire, a guard came to check on them.