The First Incident

***Abuse Warning*** Skip if you are not comfortable.

Harry James Potter was in the kitchen making supper for the Dursleys. It was Dudley's birthday and he could hear Dudley's complaints about having less presents this year than the last. 'Spoilt brat. At least you get things.' He thought dishing up the pancakes, eggs and bacon he made. He walked to the table and set the food out and cleared his throat to get the Dursley's attention.

"Finally boy!" Uncle Vernon said. "Now go wash up. We have to take you with us today and I can't afford you making us look bad."

Harry didn't even hesitate. It was rare for Uncle Vernon to let him clean himself up. Much more rarer for him to be taken anywhere. In no time he was finished. He would never risk taking too long, even if he was enjoying it. He made it back downstairs just in time to hear his uncle calling for him.

"BOY! Get in here and clean up!" Uncle Vernon shouted with a look of total disgust on his face.

"Yes sir." Harry said clearing the table as the Dursleys talked about the plans for the day.

*~*~*~*

"Listen here, boy." Uncle Vernon growled low. "No funny business today or else."

Harry gulped as he got into the car. 'Or else' was never a good thing. 'Stay quiet. Stay out of the way. Trail behind but don't get lost.' He canted in his mind staring out the window as they drove.

Hours later they went to a reptile park. Harry was wondering around when he heard a voice. It was weird no one else seemed to hear it or look for the source.

"Ssssshut it. Go away."

Harry followed the sound to a snake enclosure and then there was more than just one hissing sound. All around him he felt as if there were people talking... Not people, things. He considered it an accent unable to.think of any other way to put it. To his left a Boa Constrictor was hanging loosely around a branch. He thought it was the most beautiful creature ever. It was white and it's eye seemed to have a red tint to it. (Picture of snake above). The way it was curled up in itself was just so adorable to him. Harry was so transfixed by the snake that he forgot about the world around him. That was until Dudley pushed him out of the way.

"Make it move!" Dudley yelled at the glass then banged it.

The snake wasn't pleased but didn't do anything. Harry could only sense it's disapproval. Once Dudley stepped away Harry got up and walked to the glass. He rested his head against it and sighed.

"I am ssssorry about him." Harry said unaware his was no longer speaking English.

The snake lifted its head and looked at him. Harry was shocked but didn't say anything. He thought he was imagining things.

"You ssssspeeak." The snake more stated than asked, either way Harry had no Idea what it meant by that. "I am known by Sssssalvitor." The snake offered up.

"I am Harry Potter. Harry Jamesssss Potter." Harry said with a smile.

Just then Dudley pushed him over again and Harry felt his anger rising. Before he knew what was happening the glass was gone. Dudley was in the water inside the enclosure. The snake untangled itself and slithered out.

"Thanksssss Masssster." The snake said before slithering off out of the park.

Harry looked back at the enclosure and the glass was back. Dudley was still inside and Harry had to fight every urge to laugh. That was easy because a few seconds later Uncle Vernon was towering above him with a scowl on his face. Harry gulped. He knew that look and he knew what was coming.

*~* (Abuse Part) *~*

The car door was ripped open before Harry had the chance to turn. Uncle Vernon grabbed his shirt and dragged him into the house. He paused for a moment to give Aunt Petunia the car keys. Then, still dragging Harry, he marched upstairs to an empty room. Uncle Vernon kept this room empty as a place for him to 'teach Harry his lessons'. He tossed Harry into the room leaving for a brief second. He returned with a whip and rope.

"GET OVER HERE." Uncle Vernon said with a vicious tone just above a whisper.

Harry looked down and slowly walked forward. He had learnt that resisting only made things worse. Uncle Vernon didn't wait another second before the whip found itself wrapping around Harry's waist. Harry had to bite his tongue to keep from crying out. 'Swish' the whip connected with his leg and Harry fell forward. 'Swish' Harry's back started to bleed from an old wound opening up.

"YOU... 'Swish' FUCKING... 'Swish' FREAK!" Uncle Vernon yelled.

He put down the whip while he dragged Harry to his feet and tied him to the only thing in the room. It was a chandelier cord that had a stainless steal hanger hanging from it. This forced Harry to practically hang a few inches off the ground. Once Uncle Vernon was done he got the whip and whipped Harry some more. Harry's tongue was starting to bleed from the shear force he was biting into it with. Harry didn't cry out though. If he cried out he'd be whipped more. Once Uncle Vernon was tired of whipping him he untied Harry and started to beat him. Kicking him in the ribs and tramping him into the ground. He made sure not to beat Harry anywhere that would be seen.

"You will stay here. No food for a week. Maybe longer. Freaks like you shouldn't even have a house to sleep in." Uncle Vernon said, pure disgust in his voice.

He then kicked Harry in the ribs again before leaving and locking the door. Harry could have sworn he heard his bones cracking from that last blow. He didn't mind staying there. After all he couldn't move he was in too much pain. Once Harry figured it was safe he whimpered and started to sob. His whole body still aching. When Uncle Vernon had tied him up he made sure to take off Harry's shirt so the whip would connect with his skin directly. It hurt more that way, but Harry wouldn't show it. Harry ended up crying himself to sleep ten minutes later. He wished someone, anyone, would save him.

*~* (Abuse End) *~*

Harry had gone two weeks without food and his sleep deprivation was starting to affect his 'chores'. Uncle Vernon beat him every second day because of his slacking.

"BOY!!!" A furious Uncle Vernon shouted from the lounge.

Harry limped over and stood with his head down. "Y...Yes sir."

Uncle Vernon grabbed him and Harry flinched. He was dragged to the cupboard he slept in and then Uncle Vernon tossed him in. Harry was waiting for something to follow. The only thing that did was a slam from the door and locks.

"You will remain here until we return from our trip." Uncle Vernon spat. "Useless freak. No one cares about you."

Harry sighed as he fished out his switch blade from the corner of his cupboard. He flipped it open and closed just looking at it intently. 'How many times had he thought of tasting his own blood again ever since biting his tongue so hard. How many times has death been a welcoming friend to him.' Harry sigh in slight relief when he heard the car leaving. They were finally gone. He was finally alone.

(1255 words)