Spy

Dumbledore spent the better half of the term pacing his office. Every time he walked past a group of students they would do one of two things. If they saw him they would keep quiet. If they didn't they would carry on with whatever conversation they were having. Most times he heard them talking about how great things were when Snape was headmaster. They loved how he went from brooding and bias to brooding, sometimes gentle and fair. He over heard some other students talking about how they point system was carried on in his class.

"Snape actually keeps a chart now. You can go see it whenever you are free. You would think his grading methods were still bias. But one day I went to see and Harry was there. Snape was marking third years and he was basically going to skip over some Gryffindor's work. Harry took the page and compared it to a Slytherin. 'Father you can't keep skipping students you don't like. This paper is actually really good. It's not top of the class but a close third maybe.' I heard it myself with my own ears. You would never guess it but Snape smiled. Like pearly whites and all. He marked the paper and awarded the points."

Dumbledore grumbled at the memory. He continued to pace, how could he get people to trust in his system again? There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." He said walking behind his desk.

Molly, Ginny, Ron, Theo, Remus, and Hagrid walked in taking seats. Molly indicated she was there on behalf of her husband since he had been sent off last minute. Dumbledore acknowledged this as the rest settled down.

"What's the snake doing here?" Ron scrunched his nose.

Theo rolled his eyes but remained silent.

"Thank you all for coming. It seems that our plans were botched somehow. The hat didn't put young Harry in Gryffindor and now I'm hearing that the whole school is against me. Voldemort is sure to rise again and he will win if we don't stop him. The only way is for Harry to come back to us." Dumbledore sat with his fingers interlaced.

"Sirius is gone. I don't know what happened, but I went to see him. They told me that he was collected by his wife." Remus explained.

Hagrid frowned. "But Sirius wasn't married."

"That's what I said. They refused to tell me who the woman was."

Molly cleared her throat. "Arthur has been getting sent out a lot to. He says all the raids he is sent on produce no results. He fears that he is being set up, but he has no proof."

Theo snorted. "Your love potions are bogus as well. Harry and Draco show no effects. Maybe it has something to do with that tattoo Draco has now."

"What tattoo?" Everyone asked.

Theo shrugged. "On his forearm. It's an infinity sign made from a snake. On the inside there are holes. The cross over looks like there's a gem imbedded there. It's a green-grey colour and a date it written under it."

"That is very detailed." Ginny said.

"I trapped him for a good 15 minutes before Harry threw me across the common room. Honestly thought the glass was going to break and the dungeon's were going to flood." Theo hung his head over the back of the chair. "He's much stronger than last year."

They sat in silence for a little while. "Hermione has been acting weird since last year as well. First she goes and gives Draco a hug in the middle of lunch. Then she tells me to leave her alone. I saw her holding hands with Draco as well. She was hanging on him actually. Harry was walking behind them."

Theo huffed. "What the hell. I can't go within two feet of Draco and the muggle can be all over him? That is beyond weird."

"Maybe we should summon Hermione. She seems to be the one they trust. She must have a plan of her own." Dumbledore said.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Hermione had been the one to get Ron one step closer to Harry so they all believed she was on their side. Dumbledore sent her a message and they waited. They spoke about finding Sirius.

*~*

"I swear I should get a medal for my acting." Hermione huffed.

The group were in Snape's class. They were keeping him in check from being bias since there was an hour before dinner. Snape looked up and raised an eyebrow.

"I can consider giving you points if you explain." He said welcoming the distraction.

Hermione held up the Parchment. "Dumbledore wants to see me. Probably regarding Draco and Harry. Ron has been asking me about them non stop. No doubt they want to know something personal. Something the school doesn't know."

"Tell them everything." Everyone turned to Harry. "They won't trust you if you don't tell them the truth. So if they specifically ask for something tell them the truth. I have no doubt Dumbledore is using Theo. So Theo has probably told him about what happened in the common room. If you deny anything one of them has seen or said they won't trust you."

Draco nodded in agreement. It was no secret they were together anyway. Not to mention Hermione wasn't hiding her friendship with the two anymore. Hermione gave Pansy a kiss then walked off.

*~*

"You wanted to see me Professor?"

"Ahh Hermione. Have a seat please. We have a few questions we need answers to." Dumbledore smiled at the girl.

Sure enough as Harry said Theo was sitting there. Hermione knew then that she really didn't have any other choice but to give them what they wanted. Ron moved over obviously hoping Hermione would sit next to him. She sat there but only because she had to keep up her parade.

"What can I help you with sir?" She smiled.

"It has come to our attention that you and Draco are close and he has a tattoo."

Hermione grinned knowing that Theo was the one who mentioned the mark. "It's not a tattoo sir. You see I thought the same thing. I asked Draco and he told me it was more a magical thing than a muggle thing. I had to do my own research but I wasn't sure what I was looking for. So I spent a bit more time with Draco over the holidays. We grew close of course. He is my best friend. He tells me everything. The mark on his arm is a life-line bond mark. Basically Draco found his life partner and bonded with the familiar. I was so happy for him." Hermione finished off matter-of-factly.

"How come you hang on him so much if he has his life partner?" Ron huffed.

Theo lifted his head and watched Hermione. "And how come Harry let's you hang on him. I can't even say 'Hi' without Harry trying to hex me."

"Well. I am no threat." Hermione shrugged. "I hang on Draco because we like to keep things between us. Harry is pretty much always with him if you haven't noticed. So I keep close to Draco when I don't want Harry to know what I'm saying. As for Harry attacking you and not me. Well Harry is very possessive. It's only because Harry trusts me with his life partner. Even Blaise gets glares when he gets too close to Draco, but of course Blaise has the twins so Harry isn't overly worried about Draco hanging around them."

"Are you saying that Harry and Draco are life partners?" Ginny squeaked.

Hermione nodded. "Draco told me that Harry's familiar, Salvitor, gave him the mark over the holiday. Harry wasn't too pleased because he thought Salvitor did it without permission from Draco. Professor Snape was quite amused by the whole thing. I was actually just talking to him when I got your letter. He was telling me that he thought someone was trying to drug Harry. He said Harry had been getting sick and he didn't know why."

Everyone looked at her with wide eyes.

"Why would he think that?" Theo asked.

"Oh well I asked him the same thing. He explained to me that last year before Draco took the bond. Harry was acting weird so he tested him in secret. Harry had been dosed with Amortentia. He was asking me to find out if any one was slipping him that again. I asked why and he explained to me, and I quote, 'If someone is giving him that his body will keep rejecting it because of the bond. If it goes on for longer he might loose control of his magic and then not even his closest friends will be safe. Draco could slip into a bond coma and if he does Harry will loose control and likely kill the person responsible. As you know Harry can sense other people's magical energy. I think he knows what is happening but he won't tell me.' end quote." Hermione bit the inside of her lip to keep from smiling at the stunned and scared faces.

Everyone sat in silence for a moment longer. Hermione had been lying about the conversation with Snape but they didn't know that. It was Harry's idea to get them to stop. He could smell the potion in everything he drank even in Draco's drinks. It was getting annoying because nothing would happen due to their bond. Hermione scanned everyone again thinking she may have gone overboard. Theo was watching her with narrowed eyes.

"What do you mean Harry can sense magical energy?" Dumbledore asked.

Hermione smiled. "When I first met Harry it was on the train. He has his snake with him. Of course I didn't know who he was. We were talking about what happened with Ron. He said something so wow. I think it's better if I show you."

Hermione walked over to Dumbledore and allowed him to take the memory. He put in the pensive and used a reflector for everyone to see.

*~*

"Hermione that was brilliant!" Harry laughed. "Honestly though, I can tell you feel bad."

Hermione's mouth dropped. "I do not."

"No point lying to me. Your magic is conflicted. You want to go and apologize, but you think he was wrong. I don't blame you." Harry laid his head back.

"Scaring the new girl with your... What did you call it Spidey Sense?" Pansy laughed.

Harry smiled. "It still scares you. Clearly Blaise is lost for words even though he is trying to make it seem like he's asleep. The twins are waiting outside to give Draco a freight when we stop. And Draco is way to tired to be freaked out that Salvitor is around his neck."

The twins showed up two seconds later. "That's not fair!"
"We can never" (F)
"Get you" (G)
"But do you"
"Have to stop us"
"From getting Draco."

Blaise coughed. "Harry that is seriously freaky as hell. How did you even know I was awake?"

Pansy jumped. "Damn it Blaise! I thought you were sleeping."

Draco yawned and leaned against Harry. "Please take your familiar so I can sleep then."

Hermione was sitting in shock as Harry took Salvitor from Draco. "Blaise your magic flicked when Pansy mentioned my 'Spidey Sense' so clearly you weren't sleeping. And you two need to leave Draco alone. You can ask father what happened when Narcissa shouted at him."

Harry ran a hand through Draco's hair. Salvitor went over to Hermione. She just looked at him scared.

"Oh you don't have to worry about him. He won't hurt you. Well unless I feel threatened by you. Which I don't." Harry smiled.

*~*

Everyone looked to Hermione. She shrugged.

"How does he not sense you are with us then?" Ron asked.

Hermione smiled. "Draco of course. Draco does not think anything is wrong. He knows Ron and I are friends. I convinced him that there is nothing else to worry about. If Draco is happy and accepting Harry doesn't did further. I mean how often am I ever alone with Harry. He would see right through me in a second. Draco on the other hand. He believes me, Harry believes him, I stay away from situations that will leave me alone with Harry, Harry doesn't suspect a thing. Ron why do you think I wanted you to get along with Pansy she's Harry's best friend. She is also in my house. So if Draco isn't around then there is Pansy. I wouldn't get away with it even if Blaise and the twins were there. Pansy and Draco keep my secret. They don't suspect so Harry doesn't dig. And if I am to keep it that way I cannot get caught alone with Harry or be seen with Theo."

"Why me?" Theo asked.

"Harry hates your guts. If Draco wasn't around he would kill you. Do you honestly think he was going to stop after throwing you. Draco told me that if he hadn't told Blaise to use his creature Harry wouldn't have stopped. I heard Harry telling the twins he didn't even know what was happening. He only remembers seeing you and Draco then Blaise dangling him in the air. Clearly if I talk to you I'm putting a target on my back. Harry tolerates Ronald because of Pansy. You are radio active. I do not plan on dying." Hermione frowned.