Sophira

"Avadakadava!"

Silence echoed for a moment before footsteps were heard. They were retreating, but something was wrong. The egg lay behind a suit of armor on the second floor. Although still an egg it could feel the presence of it's protector. Now however that feeling was gone. It stretched out its magical feel looking for that presence. Nothing was felt. It was vaguely aware of a sickening pit that was filling in the now vacant area that was left. Days, Weeks, Months passed as the egg refused to hatch itself for fear of its safety.

The egg fell into a hibernating sleep when the halls around it became busy once again. No one looked behind the statues. No one would find the egg. At least that's what it's protector had said. The sleep was broken by the feeling of flying. The egg shifted letting off the feeling of fear.

"Don't worry little one. I wonder what you were doing over there though." The voice was gentle.

The egg felt it was safe to hatch, but was quickly stopped by the voice asking it not to hatch just yet. Not that the person knew the egg could understand. It was more of a silent plea that left the person's mouth in a whisper. Moments after being found the egg was placed on a soft cushion like fabric.

"I've never seen anything like this. Its so beautiful. I'm going to have to keep you hidden for a bit longer until I know what to do."

After that days went by. Every so often the egg could sense two people instead of just the one. It was always one person that took care of it though. Eventually the egg got restless. It was over due time for it to hatch, and so it did exactly that. It's head popped out making the person gasp. Soon it slithered out of it shell and curled up on a portion of the fabric that was open.

"You're a snake. Wow that is amazing. I wonder what kind of snake. And you are almost the same colour as your egg shell. Minus the red of course."

"I am a Basssilisssk." Was the response given.

"A Basssilisssk that isssss ssso cool. Isssss that why you won't open your eyesss?" The snake's head flew up and its eyes opened revealing red. "Huh. I'm not dead."

"No I have the ability to change the colour of my eyesssss. Red will not caussse harm. You can ssssspeeak?"
The snake was watching the emerald red eyes.

"Yesss I have a Boa. He issss pretty cool. Could I asssk why I found you behind armor?"

"Take me to my father."

"I have not ssssseen any other sssssnakesss."

"I will take you."

"You will have to ssssstay hidden. Here climb my arm."

The snakeling did that and directed the speaker to a girls bathroom. Once there the snakeling tried and failed many times to open a hidden passage. The boy spoke the same password and the sinks started to move. The boy stood in wonder for a moment before the snakeling told him to go in. They slid down the shoot and landed at the bottom. Following the snakeling's direction they walked into a bigger chamber. In the centre of the passageway lay an even bigger snake.

"Father. Pleasssse anssswer me."

"I'm ssssorry he issss dead. What issss your name?"

"My name issss Sssssophira."

"I'm Harry. Harry Ssssalazssar Ssssnape."

"Ssssalazssar? Asss in Father'ssss massster?"

"Well not exsssactly. I have hisss blood but that'sss about it. My real parentsss are dead. I wasss adopted by a professsssor at the ssssschool."

Sophira and Harry sat and spoke about the months after her father was killed. He promised her he would get her out and to a safe home. The next few days he carried her around. She kept coiled around his arm. When he ran into Dumbledore that snake hissed and tightened herself around his arm. Soon Harry realised she could sense the magical energy of others much like he could. After a week she had gotten too big to be wrapped around his arm. A week after that she couldn't stay with Salvitor. By the end of the month Harry had to make continuous trips to see her in the Chamber. This also provided him with the chance to explore the castle.

*~*

"Sssssophira you will have to ssstay here. You are growing really fassst. If people find out about you you will be in danger. I will find a way to get you out I promisssse."

"Massster Salazssar am I allowed to ssstill do assss I pleasssse?"

"Assss long asss you don't get found out."
After that Harry left.

He had cleaned up the Chamber for her. In the days she was with Salvitor, Harry harnessed any and all potion ingredients he could from the Basilisk in the Chamber. Then he started clearing out the area. He fixed the water problem so I wouldn't flood. Got rid of the shed skin and the decomposing body. It wasn't all gone when he had to take Sophira down there but it was decent enough and she appreciated it.

She wanted her own revenge on the man that killed her father. From what Harry had told her she knew the man had wronged him too. She spent her time torturing him in anyway she could. When most people left the school for holidays she would roam. Causing the old man to think he was seeing the ghost of her father. Of course he didn't know about her when she was an egg because she was well hidden. Now she could torment him and she may have enjoyed it a little too much.

*~*

When Harry returned she stopped her torment for a little bit. Harry told her about the redheaded boy that saw her when she was wrapped around his arm. They spoke for hours and one day Harry made a joke about stumbling with his English because of how often he was talking Paseltongue. He also told her about using a potion called veritaserum on the old man. She didn't tell him about what she was doing to him though. She didn't want to get in trouble and have Harry leave her there.

Weeks later Harry stopped coming to see her altogether. She feared he found out and was furious with her. Salvitor managed to find her. He explained what the old man had done and why Harry wasn't visiting. She immediately felt guilty. For the rest of the time she received up dates on Harry from Salvitor. She eventually told Harry everything she had done and to her surprise Harry was actually happy. Once he was feeling better he visited again. Sophira was so excited when Harry said he would let her meet someone else, but the person wasn't a speaker.

"Dray just trust me. Please I need your help."

"Fine but this place is creepy."

"Ssssophira come out pleassse. Red eyessss remember." A giant snake appeared and Draco grabbed Harry's hand. "This is Draco. He's going to help me get you out. You will be staying with me at my house but for now we are going to take you somewhere else."

"Harry is that a Basilisk? Why are we not dead?" Draco asked keeping the snake's eyes.

Harry kissed Draco's cheek. "I'll explain in the dorm room promise. She needs to be moved now before the ministry finds this place."

With that they helped her sneak out of the castle. Moving a little bit everyday was the only way. That meant Sophira couldn't roam like she used to.