Teaching Pure-bloods

It was the last day before the break was over. Harry and Draco had argued over the events that happened the day he skipped classes. Being summoned by the man he trapped, in front of everyone except Draco, didn't help Harry's nerves.

Harry sat down not taking his eyes off of Draco. "What did you want to talk about?"

"My goal. You see I can't have my best follower conflicted about..."

"You say that like I was presenting a choice. I should have made myself clear." Harry shrugged.

"Let me just tell you what my plans are. I wish to destroy those who are not worthy of magic." Tom was watching for Harry's response

"How do you know who's worthy or not?" Harry was finally looking at Tom.

Everyone stared at Harry. "Those who don't possess magic of course are not worthy. The Wizarding world needs to be better and by eradicating those who don't belong I can achieve that."

Harry rolled his eyes. "If that's your reason then you don't deserve to be a leader. Have you ever lived in the Muggle world?"

Tom nodded. "I was raised in an orphanage."

"Didn't get out much? Around a hundred years ago? Muggles develop every year. Things are forever changing. I take it the orphanage was pretty old school. You see some places are old school and choose to remain that way, but that is a drop in the bucket. If that's what you are using as grounds then you will never succeed." Everyone was looking at Harry like he grew a second head. "I understand that you have traditions here, and I respect that. When it comes to magic verses technology I'm afraid magic loses. What would you do if you are faced with a gun?"

"A gun?" They all said.

"This is what I mean. By the time you get to say a spell you will be bleeding out on the side of the street. You communicate through owls. Muggles have a device called a cell phone. That form of communication is much better than the one you have. It's faster." Harry shrugged. "If you wish for the Wizarding World to be better. Don't go about killing the people that could help. Keep the traditions. Adapt the less important stuff. Like how important is it really to keep owls as the only form of communication? Is it so important to use quills when you could use pens? Why does there only have to be one sport when you could have multiple?"

The room fell quiet. Everyone was digesting the information Harry had laid out.

"Harry. Can I make a deal with you?" Tom finally said.

Harry raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm not joining your cause. If..."

"You can help me Harry. Show me how to do better."

"I will not joining your cause. You and Dumb-ass-a-dore can have whatever war you want. I refuse to be a part of it. However, if you want to go about change in a more peaceful way, I don't mind talking about it to father. If he relays the information or not will be his choice." Harry looked to Severus.

*~*

They had been back at Hogwarts for two weeks when Theo started flirting with Draco. Draco would avoid it as much as he could. Although they were still pouting with each other, Harry would glare at Theo. The rumor was that Theo was just looking for a new score. One day Harry had enough. He wanted things with Draco to be okay again and he wanted Theo to back off.

At lunch Harry stood atop the Slytherin table gaining everyone's attention. "Draco Lucius Malfoy. Do you mind joining me?"

Draco turned shades of red, but refused to stand. He stared at Harry like he was finally insane.

"Fine since you won't join me I'll just make this more of a spectacle." Harry marched down the table towards Theo. "I'm only going to say this once. Stay. Away. From. Draco. Otherwise you are going to have an extremely pissed off and jealous boyfriend to deal with."

Theo looked at Harry confused. Most of the other people didn't catch on either. Harry sighed a bit exasperated. He stood up from the crouch he was in. As he made his way back to his seat he started talking. He projected his voice as much as he could.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, that overly adorable platinum blonde, is my boyfriend." He pointed to a now crimson Draco. "I will not tolerate ANYONE hitting on him or flirting with him. Even if I'm not around I will know. Furthermore, if anyone doesn't believe me."

Harry was now again crouching infront of Draco. He pressed his lips to Draco. In return Draco instinctively wrapped his arms around Harry's neck. Harry pulled away and smiled at a flushed Draco. Blaise and Pansy whistled out and Theo groaned disappointed.

*~*

"Do you think uncle Sev is going to separate our sleeping area?" Draco asked half muffled.

"He won't Dray. Besides Blaise and the twins, he is the only one in Slytherin that knows we share a room. What does it matter if the hole school knows we dating. Frankly that's our business." Harry was running his hand through Draco's hair.

Draco lifted his head so that he could look at Harry. He rested his chin on Harry's chest. Harry opened one eye to look down at Draco.

"You are so lucky Tom didn't hex you two weeks ago." Draco sighed. "You are really pushing things."

Harry kissed Draco's forehead. "I know, but I have to deal with things before I lose the nerve. I meant what I said though. I will remain a neutral party. Father can choose where his loyalties lay, but mine will remain front and centre."

"Front and centre?" Draco raised an eyebrow.

Harry let out a laugh. "Muggle saying Dray."

*~*

"Harry stay behind after class." Snape announced after instructing the class to complete a potion.

Snickers were heard from the back of the class. "Father I have transfiguration next."

"You have been excused by Professor Dumbledore. No more talking back. You will stay." Snape sounded bored, but Harry could feel his unease.

"Yes father." Harry responded and got to working on the potion.

Not another word was spoken through the rest of class as Snape made his rounds. He growled at some Gryffindor's for getting the potion wrong and praised some Slytherins. By the end of class Gryffindor had almost 25 points removed and Slytherin had an extra 20 points. Draco didn't move to pack his things away with the full intention of staying with Harry.

"Mr Malfoy I believe I only asked Harry to remain." Snape glared.

Draco gave Harry a kiss on the cheek before scurrying out. "That wasn't nice."

"Harry I cannot trust Dumbledore would be open with him here." Snape said.