Grounding: Part 13 (Kirishima)

"Alright kids." Mr. Aizawa told us as we stood at the base of Mount Fuji. 

"How exactly are we going to find this guy?" Mina asked. "I mean are we going to search the whole mountain by foot?"

"As much as I hate the idea of it, unfortunately that is our only choice." Mr. Aizawa said. "So we'll be splitting up in groups of two." Kiri instantly grabbed me and pulled me to him, almost making me fall over. 

"Mina, you're with me." Mr. Aizawa said, and we split up with Bakugo complaining in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mr. Aizawa." I whispered into my phone. 

"Did you find him?" Mr. Aizawa asked, as me and Kiri were kneeling in some bushes.

"Maybe, we found a small shack towards the top of the mountain on a small cliff." I said, and watched my breath roll through the air. "It looks like it's had someone living there for a while. If the guy we're looking for, was hiding in the mountain it'd probably be up here."

"Alright send me your location and we'll be there was fast as we can." He said. "If you see anyone, do not engage."

"Yes sir." I told him, and hung up. 

"They on their way?" Kiri asked, and I sat down as I sent Mr. Aizawa our location.

"Yeah." I whispered back and I hugged onto Kiri. With us being so high up, it was extremely cold and I was using a little bit of my fire to heat up my body, to keep the both of us warm. 

"How are you doing?" He asked me. I eyed my fear, and she laid on her stomach next to us kicking her feet while she watched us. With the biggest smile on her face, but she didn't say anything.

"I'm doing fine." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked, and turned to look at me.

"I promise I'm fine, I'm just working myself up a little bit." I told him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Well take a deep breath, and remember that I got you." Kiri told me and I smiled.

"I know. Thank you." I told him.

"For what?" Kiri asked me.

"For standing by my side through all of this." I told him. "I never thought I'd have friends like you guys." I felt tears coming to my eyes and I let them fall with a smile on my face.

"Hey, don't cry." Kiri said a little loud. I hushed him and laughed a little. I wiped my tears away, and when I looked back at him I jumped. "What?" He asked and looked behind him, where I was looking. Crouching directly next to him instead of fear, the shadow was there and it was as if it was staring at us.

"Do you remember that shadow I talked about?" I asked him, and he nodded. "Well it's back again. It keeps popping up out of nowhere."

"You still haven't figured out the emotion?" Kiri asked, and I shook me head no.

"I've talked with my other emotions." I told him. "My fear and anger are scared of the shadow, but they won't tell me what it is."

"Your joy isn't scared of it?" He asked. 

"I guess not." I said. "She doesn't really mind it's presence when it shows up and she's around."

"So then it must be a good emotion." Kiri said. "If she's not scared if it, and your bad emotions are."

"I didn't think about that." I said. "It just pops up like a creeper, and scares the crap out of me."

"Well I think you'll figure it out eventually." Kiri told me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Well isn't this sweet." Someone said behind us and we both froze. We slowly turned around to see a man crouched behind us. I wrapped my arms around Kiri and took in a heavy breath before blowing it out of my mouth fast, and shot us backwards and away from the man. We landed in the open.

"Who are you?" Kiri asked him, and we both got ready to fight.

"I think, I'm the one you and your friends are searching for. You can call me Seth." The man said and held his hand up as he walked out of the bushes. A blue flame appeared in his hand.

"How did you get that quirk?" I asked him.

"Picked it up off the street." Seth told me. "It's interesting how open people are on the street. All it takes is a touch, and boom." He shot a stream of fire at us, I jumped in front of Kiri and lifted my arm up and used the snow around us to make an ice wall. "Ice and air?" Seth asked. "Interesting. I could use a quirk like that." My ice wall, melted and he stood there. Kiri went to run forward, and I grabbed him before he could.

"No don't." I told him. "If you touch him, he'll be able to copy your quirk. We're going to depend on me be attacking him, until Mr. Aizawa gets here. Just get back."

"Smart girl." Seth said, and I stood in front of Kiri again. "So tell me, what can you do with those quirks of your?" 

"Why don't I show you?" I asked him, and used the snow around him to send ice spikes up. Seth danced around, smiling all the way. He was mocking me. He continued to laugh as he made duplicates of himself as he danced around, and I couldn't keep track of which one was real. 

"Got you." He said and a hand wrapped around my throat before lifting me into the air. 

"Y/n!" Kiri yelled and started running towards us. I threw my hand in his direction and air blasted from my hand and shoved him back. I used my other hand and went to try and use the snow and make an ice spear to stab him, but Seth caught the spear in his hand. My anxiety spiked, with every second he held onto me. He pulled me real close to his own face.

"Thanks for the upgrades." He whispered to me, and a white scarf got wrapped around his throat and got pulled backwards, dropping me. I landed on the ground and held my throat as I coughed. Kiri wrapped his arms around me.

"Y/n, let me see your throat." Kiri said, and I could tell he was panicking. He lifted my face, and I kept coughing for air. "He didn't burn you?"

"He didn't?" I asked, and held my throat. I looked over at the fight that was happening. Mr. Aizawa and everyone else had gotten to us, and were now fighting. But it didn't look to be going well. Seth was only using my air and water quirk. I couldn't help but feel confused.

"What is it?" Kiri asked, and helped me stand up. 

"Why isn't he using different quirks?" I asked. "He duplicated, himself before. Why doesn't he do it again? Why isn't he burning them? My earth quirk?"

"I think we have a bigger problem than that." Kiri said, and we watched as Mina and Denki got kicked to the side. I went and grabbed Mina while Kiri got Denki, and Bakugo got the air knocked out of him but was still conscious. We were getting pushed back towards the cliff. 

"Kids get back!" Mr. Aizawa said, but it when he turned around he got blasted towards us. 

"Mr. Aizawa!" I said and ran towards him. He wasn't too hurt, but he was definitely exhausted.

"I've got to say, you've got some pretty powerful quirks on you." Seth said and I started pulling Mr. Aizawa towards the rest of the group. "To bad, I couldn't try out that last one of yours. Fire is cool and all, but it gets boring after a while."

"What?" I questioned to myself. I looked at him, and it all made sense. "You can use whatever quirks you want for however long you want. But the downside to your copy quirk, is that you can only use two at a time." I walked towards him away from the group.