Blindness is Key: Part 9 (Bakugo)

I laid in bed with my eyes closed but I couldn't get myself to sleep. I was trying not to touch the wall, and allow myself to just sleep like I did with Bakugo the night before. But it wasn't working well. My nap from earlier wasnt helping, and I was wide awake.

I got out of bed and walked out of the room and down the hallway towards the stairs.

I carefully walked down the steps and into the kitchen. I felt around in the cabinets until I found a cup and got a drink of water.

"Can't sleep?" I heard someone ask and I jumped, spilling water in the floor.

"Damn it." I sighed. I tapped my foot and I saw Mr. Aizawa walking towards me from the couch.

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." He told me and I felt around on the counter until I found the paper towels. "So what are you doing up?"

"I've never been a big sleeper." I told him, and started cleaning up the water, with his help.

"Bakugo told me about your father." He said and I froze.

"Well, there's not much to tell." I said. "He's a drunk who used to beat me. Nothing exciting there."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said and threw the paper towels away.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked, and he leaned on the counter.

"Look he's a drunk, and I got away from him by working my ass off." I said. "I'll admit, I didn't mean to grab UA's attention, but I don't really care cause I got away from him."

"So you don't want to be a hero?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I said. "Being a hero with a disability would definitely set a good statement, and I'd be a great role model for other kids like me. I know that's something I probably could have used when I was younger. But I don't care much for all eyes on me."

"Even after today?" Mr. Aizawa asked.

"I just did what I could." I said, and took another drink of water. "People would have died and I don't really like feeling useless."

"Is that why you make your jokes?" He asked me, and I couldn't help but smile. "You hurt yourself before someone else does?"

"Can't hurt my feelings if I'm already doing it." I laughed and put my cup in the sink.

"You shouldn't be so hard on yourself." Mr. Aizawa told me and walked back over to the couch. "How are things going with you and Bakugo?" I went and sat on the other couch across from him and tucked my legs under myself.

"I'd say it's going well." I told him. "He's very sweet, and I appreciate him a lot. But I still feel like I bug him too much though."

"Well that's not something you have complete control over." Mr. Aizawa said.

"Yeah." I said. "That doesn't mean I'm not annoying though. I've never met someone that cares for me the way he does. Like any of them do."

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"Nobody's ever let me feel their face before." I said, and laughed a little. "I don't even know what my Dad looks like. And I show up at UA for five minutes and everyone around me is so nice. I'm just not used to nice."

"Nice coming from Bakugo?" Mr. Aizawa asked, and he chuckled.

"Yeah." I said and smiled. "From what Mina's told me, it sounds like he's a completely different person when he deals with me."