Chapter 4: Club Knocked Up & Dr Pomatter

Virgil arrived at the gynecologist with a heavy heart. How had this happened to him? Looking around, he saw all the pregnant women waiting in line, and he felt so out of place. "Ughh, are you a man or a woman? Or neither? Make up your mind, Virgil!" He scolded himself silently. Even so, he brought a pie to thank his family doctor for the help. He looked around. Everywhere, there were pregnant women and their huge wombs, as if showing off their babies to one another. Virgil felt sick. Still, he had no choice but to sit next to a pregnant woman while waiting for his turn. "Why, hello, young lady!" The woman smiled and said. Virgil shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Actually, I'm-" "Ain't it such a wonderful experience? A precious little parasite who set its sights on you and gets you pregnant with a baby?" Well, at least you got the parasite part right... Virgil thought. Another woman sat next to Virgil. " I know, it should be a dream come true for you. Well, anyways, welcome to Club Knocked Up!" Virgil chuckled nervously. "Yeahhh, righttt..." His dysphoria was setting in fast, and all he wanted was to get out of the room and escape quick. His head hurt from thinking too much already. This was definitely going to be a long wait, and it wasn't going to be pleasant. It seemed that hours passed, full of nervousness, the excited chatter of the women, and confusion about his identity, before the nurse finally called Virgil in, and he dreaded every second.

"V- Virgil Hunterson to see the doctor now, please?" The nurse called out before disappearing behind a door. Virgil sucked in a huge amount of air and proceeded to follow the nurse.

When he entered the room, there was the patient's chair, and... a male doctor? Virgil was confused. He had asked for the family doctor, not some lanky, stupid-looking male doctor who was grinning at him kinda creepily. "W-who are you?" Virgil asked, raising an eyebrow. " I'm your doctor, Roman Pomatter, but you can call me Mr Pomatter. The doctor part doesn't matter." the doctor said, before whispering to himself, "Yes! It rhymed!" " Also I see you brought a pie. I'm sorry to say I'm on a diet, but-" Virgil almost dropped the pie in shock. " You're not my doctor! Lady Perkins is my doctor! This pie is for her!" Virgil slowly regained his cool. "It- It's called Mermaid Marshmallow. It's her favourite." "Well, I'm sorry to say, Mrs Perkins-" "Lady. Perkins." Virgil corrected him. "Lady Perkins... is not seeing any patients now. She's under retirement. So... I'll be your new doctor."