Scars

Everyone in Overwatch has their bad nights. Their flashbacks. Their weak moments. But Hana Song seems to be struggling the most with them right now.

After a hard fought battle with Talon agents, she heard about another attack on Korea. Hana wasted no time calling Dae-Hyun and he was prepared for it too. He casually explained to her that it was like any other attack and everyone was fine minus the minor damages done to her old team's mechs.

It put Hana on edge though. This was the first attack Korea had since the events of shooting star and joining the renewed Overwatch. She tells herself she should be focusing on helping here instead of worrying about her home when she knows it's in good hands. How can she not though?

Hana had been through so much more than any other teen. She had so much put on her shoulders. She constantly worries about her country, her friends, her family. It's even become stressful for her to sit still and play a solid game of meka guardian when she could be doing something to help someone.

Usually, when feeling stressed and helpless, Hana gets terrible nightmares. The ones that you can't wake up from no matter how hard you try. The ones that steal your voice and make you freeze up like a deer in the headlines. The ones that when you do manage to wake, you're all sweaty, and shaky, and afraid to breathe.

That's Hana tonight. The sweat made her clothes cling to her body and the tears stained her face. She couldn't get the image of home being overrun by the gwishin. She was afraid to blink, because every time she does, she sees someone she could have saved, but was too late.

A minute or so ticked by and that's when the scars on her body started to burn. The scars caused by the shrapnel from the mech she blew up that night when taking on the gwishin single handedly.

Hana shoved the blankets off her body, it was getting hotter by the second. She threw legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She doesn't know how reliable her legs are right now since they're shaking like dancing skeletons. She has to try though.

At first she stumbles but she does get her feet under her body and she makes her way down the hall. Hana needs a quick rinse.

The water is set to a cold temperature that helps Hana get rid of the nervous shaking. She doesn't take long and steps out just get back in her sweaty pjs. She didn't care. At this point in her life, when having frequent nightmares, Hana didn't care about sweaty pjs. Her scars were still burning though.

She thought that after a shower they'd stop, but it began to have this deep painful itching feeling. It bothered her. Hana was used to sleeping with the burning feeling, but it's unbearable sometimes.

The gamer exited and walked back down the hall, past her room, a few other bedrooms, and stopped at the door next to the break room.

Hana wasted no time by knocking gently on the door and waiting. It didn't take long for someone to answer.

A woman a few years older then Hana, with pale skin, freckles on her cheeks and across her nose, and messy reddish brown hair, answered. "Hej, Kanin, what's wrong?"

Hana gripped her arm tightly and looked her girlfriend in the eyes as tears started to well up in her own. "I had another nightmare."

Brigitte pulled Hana into a hug. "Oh, Kanin, I'm so sorry."

Hana was at the perfect height to rest her head against Brig's chest and listen to the large swede's kind and gentle heart beat.

The lulling sound put a small smile on Hana's lips. She always loved listening to Brigitte's heart beat. It seemed to have an enchantment on her since the simple rhythmic beats could calm her down. Hana didn't know why, and frankly, she didn't care.