She's a Werewolf

Ingrid made two plates of food for her daughter and Hana. She hummed a little tune to herself as she did so.

"Do you think they're alright?" Torbjörn asked his wife as he flipped through the channels on the t.v.

Ingrid smiled softly as she gathered up the plates. "I'm sure things could be going worse."

Torbjörn grumbled, but his sour mood settled when Ingrid walked by and kissed him on the cheek.

Ingrid walked up the stairs and pushed open the door that was a few steps down the hall on the right. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Do you howl at the moon?" Hana asked.

"No," Brigitte responded.

"Do you use your powers to fight crime and live on the edge?"

"No, we live in a small town, there's hardly any-"

"Do you go into heat?"

"HANA!" That question got a high pitched squeak from Brig.

Ingrid smiled at the two young lovers. She always worried that her youngest would struggle to find love since she had the stubbornness of her father and cooped herself up in the garage, fixing up the old Camaro that was a hand me down from her grandfather.

If Hana's motorcycle didn't break down in front of their house and Brigitte didn't have the garage open then they would have never met.

Ingrid was also thankful that her children inherited her social skills instead of Torbjörn's..

"Am I interrupting something?" Ingrid asked in a motherly tone.

Hana peaked over Brigitte's shoulder. "Your daughter is a werewolf!"

Brigitte sighed. "She knows,"

"Oh,"

That got a small giggle out of Ingrid as she set down the plates on Brigitte's desk. "Though she may be able to turn into a large wolf, she's my daughter, and I know everything about her."

Hana looked between the mother and daughter with curiosity. "So, how long have you known Brigitte could turn into a werewolf?" She asked.

Ingrid pressed a kiss on top of Brigitte's head and walked towards the door. "I'm sure Brigitte would love to continue playing twenty questions with you, Hana,"

When the door closed behind Ingrid, Brigitte stood up from the bed, picked up the plates, and handed one to Hana. She didn't hesitate to start eating once she took her seat back on the bed and besides, she could always work it off later.

Hana took a bite of egg, in the back of her mind she thought how could Brigitte transform into a werewolf between falling asleep and waking up? How had she been able to hide a secret like this from her friends, her classmates, everyone? Hana was starting to put some real thought into these questions.

Brigitte waited patiently. She could see the questions swimming around in Hana's brown-haired covered head. She's semi-prepared for whatever Hana had to ask unless it's a stupid question like going into heat or something like that.

Hana put down her fork. "How long have you been a werewolf?"

Brigitte swallowed the bite of food in her mouth. "For as long as I can remember."

"Are..." She hesitated to ask. This was new to Hana and she simply wanted to test the waters. "Are there more like you?"

Brigitte paused. She knew there were people in this town who had special abilities, powers, magic flowing through them, but she had no right to spill their secrets, but she couldn't lie to her girlfriend, she didn't want to cause a rift in their relationship.