4

It's been a few nights since Ashton wished for Luke back. Ashton knew the whole thing was fake, maybe even a scam, but there was something in the back of his head telling him it wasn't and that's what was giving him his small amount of hope that Luke will come back. He watched the number change on pick even, shouldn't that be enough to convince him it's real? 

Well it's not. Ashton was a very inpatient person and if it was gonna happen how come Luke hasn't shown up at his doorstep? The whole pizza thing is making him really question himself too. It was just too bizarre, when does a pizza man ever show up at your doorstep and just give you pizza and know your name? Never, so why did that happen to him? He has no fucking idea. 

The most reasonable answer that Ashton can come up with is that he's insane. He's probably made Luke up or something and it's all fake and maybe he's not even real. And yeah Ashton is completely utterly insane. He went bat shit and this pick is not helping, this whole place isn't helping. And that's when Ashton decided he wants to leave and never come back.

He needs new scenery, he moved here straight out of high school and is currently 28. He has lived here ten years, ten years too long. Plus the constant reminder of Luke makes him feel sick and he wants to forget. Which is terrible, trying to forget your boyfriend of 9 years, but it's the only way he can make himself better. And part of that is giving away Luke's things, and moving far far away.

The timing was perfect considering that Michael's birthday is in a few days, so he is giving Michael a gift, he gives Michael the pick.

Ashton has everything ready  packed all his bags, put the place up for sale, and quit his job.

He is currently knocking on Michael and his husband, Calum's door.  It doesn't take long for a answer and he is met with chocolate colored eyes and a warming smile.

"Hey Ashton, I'm so sorry to hear about Luke! Come on in, and I will go get Michael." Calum says leaving the door open letting Ashton wonder in while he go gets Michael. Ashton walks into the living room sits on the couch looking at a picture of the happy couple on sitting on a near by table.

"Hey Ashton! Haven't seen you around, you coming to my party this Saturday? Mate we are gonna get so drunk we won't remember our names!" Michael says walking into the living room taking Ashton attention off the picture. Michael is holding a beer as always.

"As much fun as that sounds that's actually why I came here." Ashton says looking up from his hands up his best friend, probably one of the only things he will miss. 

"I have to leave, for a-just for a-it's not important why" Ashton says shaking his head. "it's a guitar pick it was Luke's and I wanted you to have it." Ashton says taking the pick out of this pocket and giving it to Michael.

Michael observes it, noticing the same thing Ashton did, it looked hardly used.

"Why the number one?" Michael ask still looking closely at the pick.

"I don't know, I did say it was Luke's." Ashton replies chuckling slightly. Ashton should feel guilty for lying he new why there was a one,but he didn't so didn't tell Michael his whole venture with the pick,letting it be a settle goodbye gift.

"Well thanks man." Michael says setting his beer down standing up to give Ashton a bro hug. Ashton pulls away. "I should probably head out, Mike just please stay safe, tell the boys I said bye." Ashton says referring to the boys as his co-workers, well ex co-workers

"Will do see ya later Ash." Michael says smiling. He doesn't understand Ashton is leaving. He is naive and oblivious to the fact he will never see his best friend again.

"Yea, see ya later."

-

-

this is long over due sorry for the lack of updates i have had soccer all week and and school this week so I might not update much these up coming weeks

malum will now be in every chapter starting now

vote and comment pretty please?

thanks for reading and hope this upcoming school week isn't that bad and I wish you luck

-Lilly:)