8

Michael luckily notices the incoming tree and runs out of the way barely making it. He just looks at the fallen tree is shock. He could have died, he could have just died. He Michael Gordon Clifford could be fucking dead.  Calum oh sweet sweet Calum, what would he do if he died? What about his parents? Michael is thinking about death, never has he ever thought about himself dying. 

"Michael! Oh my god are you okay, i'm so fucking stupid i'm so sorry!" One of his co-workers says rushing up to him. Michael's doesn't even acknowledge someone is talking to him it's like he's stuck in time. His mouth is agape, eyes wide. He.Could.Have.Fucking.died.

His boss comes running over yelling at all the men that were working on the tree."Are you fucking stupid? We could have had a lawsuit on our hands! What the fuck were you thinking!" The boss yells. "Clifford go home, tell the husband you love him I don't know but you have the rest of the day off." The boss says calming down a bit. Michael just turns his head over to look at the boss. His mouth still hung open because, fuck he could have just died. He could be dead at this very moment.

"Clifford, are you listening?" The boss yells again "Get out of here!" This time Michael snaps out of his trance and makes his way towards his car. He gets in the driver seat and just sits there. He has never had death experience, ever. He knows his job is dangerous. Hell he has even know people who have died doing his job but, you can never think of it being you. He seen how their families are sobbing at the funeral he sees father less kids, widows, and parents grieving their children.

Michael always hated school, so he has a dropped out. This is the only job he could get that payed well but didn't require a huge education. And now Michael regretted that more then anything because, it almost cost him his life.

Michael starts the car up eventually driving in silence which he can't decides is a good thing or not. He drives up the driveway and barges into the house. Calum perks up when hearing someone is in the house. "Michael?" He calls out not getting a response. "Michael?" He says a little bit louder. Michael comes out of nowhere and hugs Calum so tight he can't breath. 

"Michael, honey why are you home so early? Not that's it's a bad thing it's just-" Calum almost says. "I love you so damn much." Michael says putting his face in the crook of Calum's neck. Taking in Calum, he could have lost his precious Calum.

"I'm really confused what's happening?" Calum asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"I almost died today, so they gave me the day off Calum, I almost fucking died." Michael says holding Calum even tighter. "I wanna quit." he says letting go to look in Calum's eyes. "I wanna quit, and I want to go back to school." He says

"What's stopping you then?" Calum says smiling. 

"Nothing anymore" Michael says smile huge he kisses Calum and he picks up his phone calling his boss.

"Sir, I quit." Michael says into  the phone.

"Clifford I know you got shook up but, come on! Let's not over react. Maybe I can get you a raise or something." His boss says into the phone.

"No I want to quit." He says again. His boss just sighs "Your last day is tomorrow then your free I do think you are ma-" The boss almost manages to say before Michael hangs up.

"I love you so much." Michael says to Calum one last tie before they capture each others lips in a passionate kiss.

"I love you more." Calum says pulling way.

"Let me show you how much I love you." Michael says kissing Calum before he can respond. He picks Calum up taking him to the bedroom forgetting the world.

-

-

THERE IS VVVVV LITTLE LEFT OF THIS BOOK AND I'M EMOTIONAL SIGH

-Lilly:)