De'Veon 57

It had been about two months since the fire and even though Doonie was able to laugh it off, I could see through the smile and tell that it was still affecting him and I wasn't the only one; Elijah, Mateo, Raheim, and even DJ could tell something was off with Doonie. It was pointless to ask him because he brushed it off with jokes and he claimed he was fine.... but I knew better, it didn't help that Diante was constantly popping up over here demanding to see De'Vaughn and although Duron would let him it was getting to the point where Diante was asking to take De'Vaughn overnight, nevermind the fact that he was either drunk or high but Elijah always shut it down, which led to an argument, which led to the kids crying..... My brothers were both spiraling and even though me and Diante weren't on the best of terms I hated seeing that shyt because I've seen glimpses of him being a better person but he always seemed to fall right back into his old ways. So between my home life, work, school, and my friends.... it was getting to the point where I needed my own place because living here was starting to cause me unnecessary stress..... I didn't want to leave Doonie but I knew if anyone could help him get through this it was Elijah.

"Ayy Doonie are you renting out the Slaughter House?" I asked and Elijah looked up from his phone, his eyes burning into the back of Doonie's head, my oldest brother glanced at me and I could tell he was pissed. "I mean.... the other house?" I asked quietly, Doonie's 'other' house is where we used to take girls and in his case dudes back and fuck them.... I'm sure Elijah knew about it, he just didn't know we had a name for it.

"Nah it's empty at the moment...." Doonie said irritably. "Why you wanna rent it out?" Doonie asked and I shrugged.

"It's just something I'm considering.... I mean I know you and Elijah would like to get back to whatever y'all were doing and I kinda want my own space." I said just imagining all the good trouble me and Raheim could get into if I had my own place. "If you're not doing anything today, can we stop by and check it out.... I haven't been there in a while ad I wanna make sure it's in good condition." I said and De'Vaughn started graggling loudly, this little dude had a lot of personality for a baby, even though he could barely crawl he was quick to cuss someone out.

"Calm down...." Elijah said playfully as De'Vaughn tried to grab the spoon from out of his hand. "Duron don't you have a meeting to go to later.... well since you're busy I don't mind taking De'Veon to the..... what was it called again?" Elijah asked looking at me.

"Sure if you want.... De'Veon is an idiot so you really shouldn't believe anything he says." Doonie said trying to clean up my mistake. We heard the front door opened and a few seconds later Raheim walked into the kitchen, with a light coating of snow on his shoulders. Fuck I hated snow, mainly I hated that if I decided to move then I would have to do all my moving in the snow and I wasn't looking forward to that shyt.

"Y'all going to that party this weekend?" Raheim said making himself a plate and sitting down next to me, while De'Vaughn tried to jump out his high chair to get to Raheim, and once he realized he couldn't he started crying. Don't ask me why but De'Vaughn loved Raheim, it didn't matter what he was doing if Raheim walked into the room you can best believe De'Vaughn was going to somehow end up in his arms.

"Are you referring to Big Dawg's Party?" Elijah asked rolling his eyes and Raheim nodded. "Nope.... we're busy but from the sounds of it, everybody is going to be there; Jaire, Niño, Luka, Chino.... why are you going?" Elijah asked and I decided to plead the fifth because I was definitely going though I'm sure Doonie would try his hardest to convince me not to go. We finished eating and since we weren't doing shyt Elijah decided to take us to Doonie's other house, I would've been completely fine with just him and Raheim going but.........

"Man the parties we used to have in this bitch was live as fuck, ayy De'Veon remember that stripper that shoved the Godzilla dildo in her pussy? And then there was the chick with no gag reflexes that Do..... yeah good times." Andre said cutting himself off but Elijah wasn't stupid and we all knew what he was about to say.