~☆️~

Chihiro hummed to herself, sitting underneath a sakura tree on school grounds. She quite liked sitting outside when she studied. It was a good shift from sitting hunched over at her desk until incredibly late hours.
Plus, it was just a really nice day. Slightly clouded skies, light breeze, warm temperatures. It was, simply a perfect day. Chihiro found it much nicer being out than cooped up in her dorm. Either way she was on her laptop. Just, when she worked outside it resulted in more back pain. Not that she couldn't handle that, of course. At this point she was used to it. Being hunched over on various computers so often wasn't exactly great.

Though, that was kind of her passion, and the whole reason she was at this school. Chihiro had always loved programming. Ever since she was younger. It was just fun, and would make a good career in the future! That wasn't the plan when she first started, but that's what it became after so long. It was simply a fun activity turned reliable career path. Needless to say, Chihiro couldn't be happier. Even if it meant having the status of "weird loner girl" she couldn't care less.

"Hey! Watch out!" A yell broke Chihiro from her focus on her work, making her head shoot up. Before she had a chance to react,

Smack

Chihiro was in tears immediately, her hands moving to her nose whilst whatever hit her fell into her lap, rolling onto her laptop keyboard.
"Shit, I'm sorry- eh-" Chihiro looked up again with her tear-filled eyes. There was a red-haired boy before her. He seemed to have froze up soon after running over. "Aw fuck... how hard did you get hit?" He snapped himself out of his state, kneeling next to her to look. She hesitated at first, but soon moved her hands for him to look. Tears started actually falling from her eyes. It was clear she was in pain.

"Well... it doesn't look broken.." the boy reached forward, placing a hand on her jaw to inspect closer. Usually Chihiro would end up bright red in a situation like this, but, she was a bit blinded by the pain in her nose. "Looks kinda bad though.. hey, you mind coming with me? My dorms not far.. I'll help you with your nose.. I'm sorry again for hitting you."
Chihiro didn't see reason to not believe him. He looked and sounded genuine. She nodded. "J-just, let me, grab my things.." she responded through small hics.

"Ah- let me help you-!"
Moving to put away her laptop, Chihiro finally saw what hit her.
A baseball?
Before she could really think more, the boy next to her grabbed the ball and tossed it away; presumably to someone else or to just another area. It only took a minute or so to get everything back in Chihiro's bag, which the boy who'd hit her insisted on carrying. He kept her close as they walked. Not that her coordination or anything was off. He was just scared she might fall given how much she was trembling and crying.
She wasn't able to quite process their path, but not that it mattered. Not at the moment, anyways.

"Alright, here we are."
He let go of Chihiro, instead unlocking the door of the dorm before them and opening it. After, he carefully lead her inside. It was clearly a two-person dorm room. Though it was just the two of them at the moment.
"Here, sit down."
He had Chihiro sit down on his bed while he went to the freezer and pulled out an ice pack. There were plenty ready.. seemed either this guy or his roommate got hurt a lot. He walked back over, sitting next to her and pressing the pack to her nose. At first, the small girl recoiled.
"I know it's cold but it'll help. Don't pull away." He says, growling under his tone ever so slightly.

Chihiro nodded, moving back so the pack once again touched the bridge of her nose. After a few seconds, she took a hand and placed it on the pack. "Guess I gotta be more careful with my throws.. I can't go hitting people like that." He sighs, running a hand through his spiked-back hair. Chihiro shook her head. "I-I was just probably in the wrong place, at the wrong time." She says with a soft sniffle. "Even so, you got lucky there. If I'd thrown that ball harder I don't doubt I would've broken your nose." He shook his head. "Even so, you didn't mean to." Chihiro responds, shrugging.
"Yeah, but-" "Hey, Leon! Eh- you making girls cry again? The hell's wrong with you?"

The two's conversation was interrupted by who Chihiro assumed was the other's roommate.
"Hiro! I didn't mean to this time! She got hit by a stray ball and got hurt! I just wanted to help!" The male, who Chihiro now assumed to be Leon, yelled back at his roommate. The roommate rolled his eyes and walked over to the two. "Did he really hit you with a ball?" He cocked an eyebrow, kneeling in front of her and ignoring any remarks from his roommate. Chihiro just nodded, still holding the ice pack to her nose.

"Damn Leon, how could you hit a girl like that?"
"It wasn't his fault. I was just in the wrong place." Chihiro intervened again before the roommates would start arguing. She really didn't want them to start anything with her there.
"Well, alright then. I'm Yasuhiro Hagakure! Though you can call me Hiro." Yasuhiro held out a hand, which Chihiro shook. She was about to respond when the other piped up.
"Ah-! I never introduced myself!"
"Damn, you hit her will a baseball then don't even introduce yourself? Cold, man."

"Oh can it, Hiro." The red-head snapped at his roommate before turning to the injured girl. "I'm Leon Kuwata. I'm, sorry I didn't say earlier." Leon rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact with Chihiro. "It's alright- I'm, Chihiro Fujisaki. I'm sorry for not introducing myself earlier either." Chihiro gave a nervous laugh.

Leon furrowed his brow and looked at her. "Why the hell are you apologizing? You've been crying up until now. I wouldn't expect you to introduce yourself when you're crying."
Chihiro shrugged. "Well, it seemed we were looking to blame someone for forgetting and I wasn't gonna put it on you." She says, looking to the side.
Leon gave a small laugh. "We don't gotta blame anyone. We were, both a bit preoccupied. I just wanted to be sure you were okay."
"Well, I think I am now.. thanks to you." Chihiro smiles softly.

"Man, what's gotten into you? Since when are you all mushy?" Hiro stood up, giving Leon a look.
"Oh give me a damn break. I'm making sure she's okay, obviously." Leon rolls his eyes, ignoring his roommate afterwards.

"Anyways- what were you doing out there alone, Chihiro?"