f o u r

The walls in this place were too white. The rough bed sheets that Jungwoo gripped with his hands as he sat on the edge of the bed were too white. Everything in this place was too white, and even the little rays of sunlight that actually made it inside through the guarded off window were lost among the white glow that thickly coated everything in this building.

It was like what Jungwoo had imagined heaven to be like, all mystical and ethereal, but in here the glow was only used to mask how much of a hell it actually was.

Today was only the second day of his stay here, but Jungwoo already had enough of all of this shit. He had met two people who would now stick with him, but they were insane!

Jungwoo shivered. The thing was, he didn't know how he was so easily able to talk to Mark and Donghyuck.

Unlike everyone else in this asylum, he was sane. He wasn't supposed to be here! He was supposed to be spending the late months of spring with his friends and enjoying life, not staring at this stupid white wall that only became whiter once the led lights on the ceiling decided to turn on to tell them all it was finally morning.

With a big sigh Jungwoo collapsed backwards onto his bed, shielding his eyes from the unnatural light that glared into his eyes right away. He hadn't got a wink of sleep last night, mind preoccupied with everything that was happening.

How much longer would he have to live this way? He was tired of trying to prove he was sane and innocent. How much longer did he have to wait until people realized he didn't kill that girl?

The door clicked and creaked open, the sound of metal scratching the tiled floor interrupting Jungwoo's overflowing mind. He quickly sat up again and stared at the person who had come in.

A man in a long white doctor's coat closed the door behind him and shoved keys deep back into his scrub pockets. He was carrying a stool that he propped up in the middle of the room and sat on, smiling at Jungwoo at a distance.

"Good morning, Jungwoo. Today we're going to go through our first therapy session together," the tag on his coat said Mr. Lee. He smiled in a way that made Jungwoo furrow his eyebrows. So fake.

"Hello," Jungwoo nodded, pulling his knees up to his chest. He watched Mr. Lee take out a clipboard and a pencil, then turning back to him.

"Let's start then, yeah?" Mr. Lee smiled, "How are you feeling this morning?"

Jungwoo thought for a moment before replying, "Tired, betrayed, confused. I want to go home."

"That's a lot, but I promise it only gets better from here. Eventually you can go home, if you become healthy enough." Mr. Lee scribbled something on his clipboard. The sound of the graphite against paper and wood made Jungwoo cringe.

"How was your first day here, yesterday? Meet anyone?" Mr. Lee continued. As much as his voice made him seem nice, Jungwoo kind of wished he would shut up.

"Two friends. They're nice," Jungwoo muttered, tracing patterns next to him with his fingers.

"That's really good. Soon we'll have you going to hang out sessions where you can spend a few hours each day playing some safe games and socializing with others outside of meal times," Mr. Lee spoke without even looking at the pencil he wrote with on the paper.

"Cool," Jungwoo nodded, glancing up at Mr. Lee. He wanted to be alone, or go see Donghyuck and Mark. He didn't really want to be around people that treated him like he needed help, and that included anyone who worked at this asylum.

"Here, take these pills for this morning. We'll have someone bring it in for you every morning and night," Jungwoo looked at the small container in Mr. Lee's outstretched hand. Hesitantly, he crawled over to the edge of the bed and reached to take it.

"I have to watch you take them, by the way. Here's water," Jungwoo was given a small water bottle that was a little warm from sitting in Mr. Lee's jacket pocket.

Jungwoo opened the container and peered in. There was about four or five different kinds of pills, some big some small, but thankfully only one of each. He took the cap off of the water bottle and piled the medicine into his palm.

"Don't be nervous," he heard Mr. Lee say, but didn't look up from his hand.

In one swift movement he popped the pills into his mouth and his lips touched the bottle, pouring water into his mouth. He didn't want to swallow all of them at once, but he found that it was better than having them one at a time.

Because they tasted awful.

Jungwoo didn't stop drinking until the entire bottle was empty, slightly panting as he looked back at Mr. Lee who seemed satisfied. He handed the bottle and container, both empty, back to him and sat back down on the bed.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim," Mr. Lee started to gather his stuff, tucking the stool under his arm as he headed for the door. "Breakfast is in a few, so just be patient for a bit if you're hungry. Thanks for your cooperation, we'll see each other soon. Goodbye."

As soon as that, the doctor was gone. Jungwoo hadn't bothered to say anything back.

Jungwoo didn't like anything about this place, except for his friends he apparently had. The rooms, the doctor, the food, the pills. They all left a bad taste in his mouth.

a/n

Lol double update for today bc I had a long day and I have a lot of work to complete for my job soooo

Enjoy this dry ass chapter in the meanwhile luvs