e l e v e n

There was a weird feeling in Jungwoo the next day when it was nearing the end of his nightly visit from Mr. Lee. He wanted to visit the bathroom again.

There was a longing in him to see Doyoung again. He was the one thing in this place that spiked Jungwoo's interest. His friends were nice too, but they gave him a different feeling than when he was with Doyoung.

So of course after Mr. Lee had attentively watched him gulp down his medication, he asked to use the bathroom. There were no more things said as they parted ways like the previous day, Jungwoo finding his fingers pushing open the worn out door again.

But Doyoung wasn't there to greet him.

Jungwoo had waited around five minutes, tapping on the white tiles of the bathroom wall, before he realized that it was only a coincidence that the two had met yesterday. And since it was a coincidence, it probably wouldn't happen again.

A frown found its way on his face, accompanying him all the way back to his room. He thought about his misfortune all night.

He wanted to try again the next day, the thought coming to him after he'd woken up from a nap in the middle of the day. Again he waited and asked to use the bathroom.

"Is everything alright? You've been asking to use the bathroom a lot at this time lately," Mr. Lee had noted with concern. Jungwoo didn't know if he was faking it or it was genuine.

Jungwoo kept calm, shrugging, "I don't usually go to the bathroom during the day. Before I was admitted here, I would always use the bathroom right before bed. It's kind of become a habit." This was a lie. He was pretty good at them.

Thankfully Mr. Lee found the lie reasonable. "If that's the case, you don't have to ask me when you go. You can go any evening you want to after I come in here, just be back before lights out."

After thanking his doctor, Jungwoo headed to the bathroom again with hope that the person he wanted to be there was there. The door creaked open and his slippers made small audible footsteps as he walked to the back of the room.

Suddenly something jumped out from the corner of the last stall, making Jungwoo jump up and let out a small yelp. The hairs on the back of his neck tingled as they stood up, but then relaxed as he realized it was just Doyoung.

"Ha, scared ya!" Doyoung smirked, watching Jungwoo recover from the fright.

Jungwoo couldn't let him get away with this, he knew already that this was how Doyoung was and he was getting more comfortable with the playful manner the guy exhibited. While his heartbeat recovered, he retorted, "Yeah, your face is really scary, Doyoung."

Doyoung seemed a little surprised that Jungwoo spoke back to him, but the sweet smile on his face showed that he wasn't bothered by this fact at all. He moved over to the left, letting Jungwoo stand in the spot next to him. "You should do that more," he said.

"Do what?" Jungwoo asked, tilting his head to the side a little in question.

"Talk to me, even if its something feisty like that. I like hearing your voice, hun."

Jungwoo tried to hide his smile but failed, glancing down at his thumbs which he twiddled. He looked up again at Doyoung once he had something to say, "I, uh, I didn't see you here yesterday."

"You were waiting for me?" Doyoung's eyebrows raised in surprise, but he seemed happy nevertheless. Maybe he was celebrating the fact that his attempts at cracking Jungwoo were paying off.

"I- no, no!" Jungwoo stuttered out as he thought of the right thing to say. "Okay, yes," he admitted, "I thought, since we had a nice time the first time, you would want to meet again?" He realized how stupid he sounded only after he spoke.