t w e l v e

The entire day, Jungwoo's head was blank. He wasn't really thinking of anything, but his stomach was fluttering with excitement for what was coming later in the evening.

Now, it was evening. Butterflies enveloped him to the point that it was the only thing he could focus. And he didn't really know why this occupied his mind to such a great extent. As soon as he was able to leave his room for the bathroom in the evening he just got up and headed to the place, his mind blank now and his stomach churning.

There was a part of him that was confused and nervous. What did yesterday mean? They were just about to kiss, if he wasn't mistaken. Holding somebody like that wasn't really platonic, after all.

Once again he opened the door, walked past the mirror and counted each stall as he passed it. At the end, like always, stood Doyoung.

Doyoung was leaning against the wall, one of his feet lifted and pressed back. His arms were in his pockets, the stick of a lollipop hanging out of his mouth as he sucked on it. Once he saw Jungwoo the corners of his lips tugged up into a little smile.

"Hey," Doyoung tilted his head as he watched Jungwoo's movements.

Jungwoo avoided eye contact with the other as he nodded and took a standing spot next to him. "Hey," he muttered under his breath, his energy being put towards calming down his racing mind. Was Doyoung going to address what happened yesterday?

The two stayed silent after that for a while, but even though Jungwoo wasn't looking he could feel the heat of Doyoung's eyes on him.

"Good day today?" Doyoung asked. Jungwoo didn't know whether to finally look back at the other boy, but he decided against it and just gave his response instead.

"Not really," he said quickly, scared that his anxiety would bleed out of his mouth with his words. "Quite boring," he shrugged.

Jungwoo heard a light chuckle bubbling from Doyoung beside him. He somehow liked it a bit, wanting it to stay with him for a longer time. Unfortunately it left quickly, and silence fell between them once again.

After what felt like an hour, but really was only a minute, Jungwoo finally turned his head and watched Doyoung. He focused on the lollipop stick that moved around in the air, sticking out of his mouth.

"Can I have a lollipop?" Jungwoo pretended as if his insides weren't jumping around when Doyoung looked back at him, the lollipop stick holding one position. He wondered if Doyoung had another one shoved into his pocket like last time.

Without taking his eyes off of Jungwoo, Doyoung brought his hand up to his mouth and slowly took the lollipop out of his mouth. This time it was bright red, probably cherry.

Before Jungwoo even had time to wonder why Doyoung wasn't answering him or reaching into his pocket, he saw Doyoung hold his lollipop dangerously close to his lips.

Shocked, he backed into the wall with wide eyes directed at Doyoung. "That's yours! What are you doing?"

"I only have one," Doyoung connected their eyes, talking so casually. "You can have it."

Jungwoo furrowed his brows, "Its okay, Doyoung. You can keep it then."

To that Doyoung only pushed the lollipop closer to Jungwoo's mouth, "It tastes good. Ahhh." Jungwoo gave in and opened his mouth a little, nervously looking at Doyoung as he let him slide it past his lips.

He was right. Cherry.

Jungwoo raised his hand up to grab the stick of the lollipop, but Doyoung hadn't moved his hand yet. They ended up with Jungwoo's hand over Doyoung's, looking at each other in shock because of the touch.

In the split second that Jungwoo froze, Doyoung took the opportunity to turn his hand around and take the other in a soft grip. He dropped their hands to their sides and nonchalantly arranged their fingers so their fingertips were somewhat laced into a weird composition.

Jungwoo's face went hot red at that, his brain barely processing what Doyoung had done. Luckily his hand moved for him, intertwining their fingers further until their palms were pressed against the other's.

"It tastes good," he said, his cheek full of candy.

Doyoung looked at him and smiled, something that Jungwoo thought he would never see from him being done so sweetly. It was even more odd when he noticed an uninvited blush tickle Doyoung's cheeks when their shoulders touched.

It didn't seem like either of them wanted to move away, though, and so they kept standing like that until it was time to go back to their rooms.

a/n

This was kind of short, but at least I finally updated! I hope y'all are enjoying this so far, there's gonna be more shit happening in the next couple of chapters so stay tuned for that ;)

Also Nct2020 what a circus I love them all