t h i r t e e n

"Boo!" Jungwoo peered from behind the stall, his voice just a little louder than his usual quiet volume. Today he had arrived a little earlier than Doyoung in the bathroom, and he decided it would be a fun idea if he tried to scare the other when he heard him coming.

However, when he looked up at Doyoung's face it didn't look like he was phased a bit.

Jungwoo frowned, "Did you see me hiding?"

Doyoung stifled a laugh, his lips curving up in that way that Jungwoo learned to appreciate over these past few days of meeting up. "No, I'm just not easily scared."

With a skeptical glare in his eyes, Jungwoo pouted. "You're lying."

For a second Doyoung was silent, his smile dropping to hold his lips in a slightly agape position. His face relaxed, his eyes softening as he stared at Jungwoo in a way much different from his usual intense glance. Then his eyebrows furrowed at the tip, he blinked once and his face went back to normal. "I promise I'm telling the truth. If I saw you before I came over, I would've pretended to be scared so you could've been satisfied," he said.

Jungwoo frowned playfully, lightly punching Doyoung's shoulder, "That barely makes it better." The two laughed as Doyoung shrugged in response, Jungwoo's hand sliding down. It ghosted Doyoung's arm, falling with a slight touch to his hand, so together they interlocked their pinkies in a small reciprocated gesture of something they didn't know.

They barely had the time to shyly look up at each other to see their reactions, though, because a loud voice was heard right outside of the bathroom stall.

"Ugh! If I see him I'm going to kill that boy!" An adult with a deep and scary voice shouted out, their words booming throughout all nearby rooms.

Doyoung looked at Jungwoo with a slightly panicked look, but Jungwoo saw the shakiness in his eyes. He let him grab him gently but swiftly by his hand and pull him into the nearby stall, closing the door behind them.

"We have to hide," Doyoung whispered, "That person might come in here, and if they see us together it won't be a good time."

Although it was such a fast action and Jungwoo barely had the time to process what was happening, he nodded and before he knew it Doyoung was pressing him close to the wall. The catch was that he was right on top of Jungwoo, his head against the wall above one of his shoulders. Their hands somehow were linked, Doyoung holding Jungwoo's wrists gently as they touched the wall.

Their hearts beat at different paces but fast nonetheless, chests closer than ever before, though the two were focusing on the voice outside of the room rather than each other.

There had been somewhat of a pause after they scrambled to hide in the stall.

The bathroom door creaked opened slowly.

Their heartbeats couldn't get a rest.

And finally it slammed lightly back to a shut. "Sorry, I thought I heard something," the voice outside said, and footsteps were heard. The sounds became quieter and quieter, and finally, they disappeared completely.

At the same time the two boys deeply exhaled, turning to face each other. Once again their breathing hitched and their hearts stopped.

Their noses were brushing against each other and their lips were mere inches away from touching. Jungwoo wondered if Doyoung shared the same blush that found its place on his cheeks, but he couldn't check because his eyes were too deep into Doyoung's.

Not breaking eye contact, Doyoung let out a shaky breath. "Can I kiss you?" he asked, his voice the quietest and gentlest it had ever been.

For a second Jungwoo hesitated, not knowing what to say. He didn't know if he wanted to kiss Doyoung. He looked down at his lips and back up at his eyes and nodded just a little.

He waited a little, but nothing happened. When he looked at Doyoung again he realized that the other was waiting for something more than a hesitant nod for permission to lean in. It gave Jungwoo enough time to decide what he wanted to happen.

First moving his hands so his fingers were intertwined with Doyoung's, he looked up an gave another nod to Doyoung, this time more certain. "Please do," he whispered, clear enough for Doyoung to hear him.

Doyoung first let a smile grow on his face before slowly leaning in and connecting their lips for the first time ever.

a/n

I'll leave the rest to y'all's imagination and also bc its only the first kiss keep it family friendly up in the asylum peeps