n i n e

"No, no, no, no, no," Donghyuck rambled, "This is not good, Jungwoo!" 

Again the trio was sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria. It was currently breakfast time the next day, the next time Jungwoo had seen the other two since the day before yesterday.

Both of the boys sitting in front of him were staring at him with furrowed eyebrows and displeased expressions. Donghyuck had his mouth open as usual, if not speaking then just hanging it open to express his feelings.

Jungwoo noticed that Mark seemed off today. He was sitting awfully close to Donghyuck, his body tensed up and using the other boy as a shield. What had happened for him to be this way? He didn't want to ask in case it was too personal.

With a cocked eyebrow, Jungwoo looked between his two friends. "Is it really that bad?"

"How could you even say that? He's killed a lot of people, and he's insane! More insane than us, that is."

"Honestly?" Jungwoo picked at the soggy waffles on his tray with his fork. "He didn't seem that bad. He was nice to me, and he said he wanted to be my friend." He shrugged, recalling the interactions he had with Doyoung before.

"Doesn't mean you should let him be your friend!" Donghyuck exclaimed, maybe a bit too loud, but it wasn't like he ever noticed that his usual volumes were way higher than most speak at.

"Did I say that?" Jungwoo looked up. A simple glance down exposed Mark's soft grip on Donghyuck's arm, which was rubbing lightly against Mark's thigh for comfort. Something definitely must've happened.

Donghyuck looked at him, confused, "So you're not going to make friends with him?"

Jungwoo chuckled, shaking his head. His gaze went back up to their faces, "I didn't respond to him that much when he came up to me. He's bound to give up trying after some time, so it's alright."

Mark suddenly spoke up, adding to the conversation as if it wasn't his first time speaking to Jungwoo today. "That's good. It's kinda creepy, the whole serial killer thing about him. He has a weird vibe," his voice seemed shaky, but not because he was scared of Doyoung.

"Do you two know how many people he killed? Is it a lot?" Jungwoo asked, deciding to stab his waffle onto his fork and dip it in the very watery syrup in the corner of his tray. After one bite, he set down the fork and reminded himself to never eat the waffles here again.

Donghyuck shook his head, "No idea. He never told anyone, or if he did they're keeping their mouth shut. There's rumors, though, of course."

Jungwoo and Mark listened in close, leaning in closer in anticipation.

Donghyuck smiled from the attention he was getting, dragging out the number as long as possible, "T...wen...ty...one." He grinned at his friends as they processed this and stared at him in shock.

"Th-that many? I mean it's not as much as some other serial killers, but that's a lot!" Jungwoo's eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Yeah, so don't go around letting him get to you, if you want to live another day on this Earth," Donghyuck nodded his head, as if to say I told you so.

Jungwoo sighed, nodding in response. "He'll probably stop coming to me soon. I don't know why he's messing with me right now, maybe because I'm new and he thinks I'm weak, or something."

"Stay as far away from him, to be on the safe side," Mark agreed.

Looking back at his tray, he mindlessly stared at the small cup of orange juice he was given that morning. He took the plastic cup into his hand and sipped at it while thinking. It wasn't the worst tasting thing he'd been served so far.

As much as he was confident in his future attempts to stray from any more detailed interactions with Doyoung, he had his doubts about his ability to do so. He didn't know what it was, maybe just a gut feeling. He felt like it wouldn't be as easy to stay clear of Kim Doyoung as they thought it would be.

a/n

Finally updated again yay! School starts tmr for me and I have no classes with my friends so it's going to be lonely online lectures for me heh

But anyways WHO'S EXCITED FOR NCT 2020 I CAN'T WAIT ^-^