e i g h t

Jungwoo wanted to take back everything he said about this being nice.

He had gotten a good fifty pages into the book, it being a children's book about middle school grade level. It was nice to float into the world, even so, and he soon was interested in the mystery the kids were solving in the story.

Nothing could've warned Jungwoo about the smooth voice that shook him next moment. "Hi, darling."

Doyoung.

The sudden sound made Jungwoo jump up a little in his sitting position. He quickly covered his face with the book open in his hands, slowly turning and peeking from over the top.

Doyoung was sitting right next to him, and in the moments their faces were so close Jungwoo noticed something going through his thoughts.

Up this close, just for a second, Doyoung didn't seem like the scary killer he looked like usually. On his lips was a toothy grin that spread across his face with a hint of happiness. The black hair falling across his forehead made Jungwoo want to brush them back.

And his eyes, they somehow glistened ethereally. There was something hidden, deep inside those dark brown orbs that Jungwoo couldn't make out. But they were so beautiful.

"D-doyoung," his hands drifted down to set the book in his lap. He regretted it a little because now there were barriers between him and Doyoung.

"Are you blushing?" Doyoung smirked, placing his chin on Jungwoo's shoulder, staring right at his face.

Jungwoo tensed up, turning his face so he wasn't looking at Doyoung, "No! Why would I be blushing? I don't blush for anyone, so you must be mistaken."

Doyoung squished the tip of his nose against Jungwoo's cheek, "Let's just say I believe that." He pulled back, letting Jungwoo breathe and fight back against his fluttering heart in freedom.  "They let you in here, huh? Is it better than your room?"

"Yeah," Jungwoo nodded, not able to say that much. "Better."

Doyoung was still acting strange, but Jungwoo wouldn't say it was strange for a person like Doyoung. There was not a second that his eyes fell from his gaze on the other.

"What are you reading?" he asked, shuffling closer so his knee was lightly resting on top of Jungwoo's. The interaction cause Jungwoo to freeze up, gripping onto the halves of his book.

"Some children's book," Jungwoo replied after he caught another proper breath. "Why?"

"Just interested. Why, I can't be interested in you, Jungwoo?" Doyoung said with a sly smile, but caused Jungwoo to choke on his spit for a couple seconds. "You okay?"

"What do you want from me, Doyoung?" Jungwoo asked, not looking up at the person next to him as he cleared his throat from choking. He couldn't have meant what he said. That was just a stupid play of words. Even so...

"I just want to be your friend," Doyoung said. Jungwoo refused to look up at the other, because he wasn't sure of what he would be seeing plastered all over Doyoung's face, and he wasn't going to be taking chances. He was sure that he already heard a smirk through Doyoung's words.

"Why?" Jungwoo followed up with another question. He was so confused about this boy, there was nothing clear about him besides the fact that he was scary and just a tad bit attractive.

Doyoung shrugs, "Do you have to have a reason to want to befriend someone? Did you ask that to Donghyuck and Mark when you first talked?"

Biting his lip, Jungwoo thought of something to say. He didn't have time to reply before Doyoung continued talking.

"It's okay, going too fast and forceful, yeah?" He stood up, their legs brushing against each other again. "I'll just let it all happen by itself."

Jungwoo finally looked up at Doyoung, who was smiling down at him. Why did he kind of want Doyoung to stay?

"I'll see you around then, cute boy," Doyoung waved, wiggling his fingers. His other hand was hanging from his pocket as he spun to turn around on his heel. "It won't be long," he finished.

Jungwoo watched with wide eyes as Doyoung walked away, his cheeks unconsciously burning. He still held the book in his hands with a tight grip, not knowing what had just happened.

Doyoung was such a strange person to Jungwoo. He was scary, but if he kept up the act he put up today then it would be hard for Jungwoo not to catch some feelings for him.

Shaking himself back to reality, Jungwoo looked back down at his book breathing heavily. What was he thinking? This was a serial killer, and he already had a bad reputation with the people of this asylum.

He wondered what his friends would think when he told them about his encounters with Doyoung the next time he saw them. They couldn't think that bad of it, right?...

a/n

double update cause I miss wattpad and I'm impatient hehe love y'all