Chapter Five

⚠️⚠️This part contains mild references and implications of self-harm. Please be safe. ⚠️⚠️

Hyunjin sighed. "Might as well."

---

Jisung walked out of the elevator, Felix trailing behind him. "What was the room number? 327?"

Felix playfully flicked the back of Jisung's head, making the older emit a quiet "ow". Felix chuckled. "Do you have short term memory loss? I literally told you it was 317 like a million times in the car."

Jisung rubbed the back of his head. "Geez, Lix. I was just making sure."

Felix smirked mischievously. "I know."

Jisung scanned the room numbers before his eyes landed on 317. "There."

Jisung knocked on the door and stepped back.

After a few seconds, a man with blonde hair opened the door. He looked at Jisung and Felix expectantly. "Hi, may I help you?"

Jisung scratched his neck. "We're friends with Minho. Are you his roommate?"

The man stepped back and smiled. "Oh! Yeah I am. Please come in. My name's Chan."

Jisung stepped into the dorm, Felix following and closing the door. "I'm Jisung. This is Felix."

Felix put his hand up in a wave. "Nice to meet you. Is Minho here?"

Chan scratched his arm, eyes wandering to the closed bathroom door. "Uhh... He's been in the bathroom for the past hour. I'm kind of worried about him."

"Did something happen?"

Chan sighed. "I... He had a big cut on his arm. I don't know what happened."

Felix gasped. "What?"

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows. "He did? Who could..."

Chan's face radiated worry. "I know it's none of my business, but... does Minho self-harm?"

Jisung's eyes widened. "I- I- no, not anymore."

Chan looked back at the bathroom floor, then to the floor. "You should probably check on him. Make sure he isn't too hurt."

Jisung sighed and gave Chan a small smile. "You seem like a good person. I'm glad that you're thei- uh Minho's roommate. He really needs someone like you."

Chan returned Jisung's smile. "I certainly try. Mental health is something that should not be taken lightly."

Jisung looked at Chan with something similar to admiration before turning to Felix and motioning him to the bathroom door. Jisung knocked. "Minho? It's Jisung and Felix. Can you come out?"

Jisung heard shuffling on the other side of the bathroom door before a voice came through. "Just a sec."

Jisung heard Minho say something quietly before the door opened. Jisung looked up at Minho. "Minho?"

(Minho) looked at Jisung before giving the most subtle shake of his head. (Minho) then looked over at Chan suspiciously before returning his attention back to Jisung. "Why are you here?"

"We just wanted to visit. Actually, do you want to go out and get something to eat? It's almost lunchtime."

(Minho) nodded. "Sure."

Felix looked at Chan. "Hyung, do you want to join us?

Chan scratched his neck and chuckled nervously. "I actually was going to go out with some friends too."