Chapter Nine

There was a large cut on their right arm.

---

Minho opened his eyes to find himself in his bed, phone ringing loudly. Minho groaned before reaching over and grabbing his phone, picking up. "...hello...?"

"I don't know which one of you you are, but me, Felix, and Changbin hyung are coming over."

It was Jisung. Minho sighed. "Why?"

"Why can't we just hang out with our favorite system?"

"What? Don't you have classes today?"

"It's Saturday, dumbass."

Minho looked over to Chan's bed to find it empty. He probably went out somewhere. "Fine."

Jisung chuckled. "Well, we were going to come over anyways, no matter your answer. We're almost to your dorm building."

"Wow, okay. Thanks for asking."

"We'll see you in like five minutes."

Before Minho could respond, Jisung hung up. Minho sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

Minho froze when he saw a bandage on his right arm.

What?

Minho put his arms in front of his face, both of them wrapped with identical twin bandages.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows. Since when did they get a cut on their right arm?

Before Minho could ponder any longer, three sharp knocks came from the door. Minho groaned and rolled out of bed before stumbling over to the door, yanking it over. Three people immediately rushed into the room.

Jisung eyed Minho. "Did you literally just wake up?"

Minho yawned. "Yeah, I did."

Changbin motioned Minho back into the dorm. "Min, you look exhausted."

"Yeah, I don't know how long anybody stayed up, Taehyung would probably kill whoever stayed up."

Felix looked at Changbin with an impressed look and nodded. "Wow, Changbin hyung still being able to guess who is fronting with 100% accuracy still impresses me."

Changbin looked at Felix. "It's not very hard. You just have to get to know-"

Jisung interrupted, staring at Minho's arms. "Hold up."

Changbin and Felix's heads swiveled towards Jisung's direction. "What?"

Jisung leaned forward, furrowing his eyebrows. "Did you get another cut? Your other arm..."

The room immediately went silent. Minho ran a hand through his hair. "I-I don't know. I just saw it this morning. I don't understand where they are coming from."

"Do you have any theories?" 

Minho stopped. "Well... uh... not really(?) I haven't really thought about it."

Felix scratched his neck. "It could be just a coincidence."

Jisung looked over at Felix. "But two cuts? That's starting to get quite suspicious. Are you sure you don't know anything?"

"No."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

Minho drummed his fingers against his thigh, slightly irritated. "I don't know. I really don't. Please don't ask anymore."

Minho felt three pairs of eyes staring at him. Realizing what he said might have sounded a bit harsh, Minho sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just... it's quite scary not knowing anything. Not knowing what could happen. You'll never understand. I could close my eyes and the next time I open them I could be on the streets in the middle of the night three weeks later. It's so hard to just... live. Sometimes, I just want to be normal."