Chapter Twelve

Taehyung stood up. "I think we might have to. Just stay on lookout."

---

"Hey, Changbin."

Minho took his seat next to Changbin and immediately put his head on his desk, yawning. "Oh, hey Minho. Did you do the homework?"

"Uhh, I think so. You're talking about the report, right?"

Changbin nodded. "Yeah."

"Then yeah, I did. And uh... Taehyung helped me a bit with it."

Changbin looked at Minho with a raised eyebrow. "Isn't that technically cheating?"

Minho looked away and chuckled nervously. "We share the same body, so I'm just going to say no, it's not."

Changbin chuckled and shook his head. "Sure."

Minho flicked the back of Changbin's head making him let out a small "ow". Minho chuckled before turning towards the front. "Anyways, my system and I had meeting last night."

"Oh?"

Minho looked down at his twin bandages. "We were discussing who could've given the body these cuts."

"And...? Do you have any suspects?"

Minho looked at Changbin. "We do not."

Changbin furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't? None of your alters have seen anyone?"

Minho shrugged. "Nobody saw anyone suspicious and nobody said they did it themselves."

"That's odd."

Minho nodded. "Yeah. Unless someone was lying."

---

Minho shuffled into his dorm room. His psychology lecture being so long along with the little sleep he got last night made him exhausted.

"Hey, Minho."

Minho looked up to see Chan on his bed. "Hi Chan."

Minho shuffled over to his bed and laid down. Chan rose an eyebrow. "You look kinda tired."

Minho hummed. "I am."

"Do you want to go get some coffee with me? I... was actually going to go to this cafe with some friends, but they all were busy so..."

Minho raised his head. "Oh yeah, sure. I really feel like I need caffeine."

---

Minho followed Chan into a small cafe, the bell dinging signifying their entrance. Chan turned towards Minho. "Hey, do you know what you want?"

Minho nodded. "Just coffee. Straight black."

Chan scrunched up his nose. "Really? No cream? That's nasty."

Minho looked at Chan in disbelief. "Black coffee is superior. It's strong and I like it."

Chan shook his head. "Okay, whatever you like. Go find us a table, I'll pay for you."

"Wha- You don't have to do that."

Chan put a hand on Minho's shoulder. "No, no I insist."

Minho looked at Chan's hand on his shoulder and blushed. "Fine."

Chan walked over to the counter and started ordering. Minho looked down at the floor to hide his blush and walked over to a table before sitting. Why did Chan putting his hand on Minho's shoulder feel so different this time?

Minho let his thoughts wander before seeing someone sit in the chair in front of him.

"Here's your coffee. Disgustingly plain black. And I got you a muffin."