Chapter Thirty-eight: Into the 'Combs

A/N: I wrote a potterlock fanfiction because I was on a boring flight. You could probably read it. If you wanted to. :)
The rest of this book is sort of hasty as this is the part where the ideas really started to flow and I needed to get them all down.

Chapter Thirty-eight: Into the 'Combs
(mysterious and totally uncalled for 3rd person moment, because I wrote it and liked it and then remembered my story was in 1st person)

The three of them ran through the cold, dank corridor, their footfalls echoing bizarrely in the enclosed space.
"Catacombs... of course!" Amelia said, smacking the heel of her hand into her forehead as she skidded to a stop.
"How is that an of course?" replied Natalie in a tone that sounded slightly sour.
"I'll explain later. Maybe. People are dying right now."
She bent down and felt around, trying desperately to get a handhold on one of the tiles on the floor.
"We'll need to.. we need to get this tile up!"
"If we only had a metal pole," said Natalie. Amelia gave her a look. "What? I saw it in a movie!"
"Um, uh, hello? We're wizards. And witches." Ari said exasperatedly, breaking his uncharacteristic silence. He drew his wand, pointed it at the tile, and muttered, "Wigardium Leviosa!"
The tile rose slightly, enough for him to flick it to the side. It made a loud scraping sound as it dragged across the floor.
"You first," Natalie grinned, bowing to Amelia with a dramatic flourish.
She looked down. There seemed to be a short drop, down into the dusty tunnels below. She could see the floor- hopefully it wasn't just an illusion. She drew her wand and lowered her legs into the hole.
"Okay. These- these creatures are really bad. They won't hesitate to kill you, so you've got to kill them first. Don't flinch, don't hesitate. Do that, you're dead. Now let's go save the school."
And with that, she dropped.
@@@@
My feet hit the rock in a cloud of dust.
"Safe," I said. "Come on down."
I gazed around, but the flickering torchlight leaking from above wasn't enough to see by. "What's the light spell again?"
Ari dropped in next to me. "Lumos Maxima," he said, and the tip of his wand flared brightly.
Natalie dropped down seconds later, stumbling a bit.
"Lumos," we both said, and the tunnel sprang to life in the pale yellowish light.
The walls, though mercifully devoid of human skulls, were decorated with haunting artwork and covered in a mat of cobwebs. Both ways down the tunnel were also blocked by webs.
"One of us should clear out the webs," Natalie said with a shiver.
"I'll go first," Ari volunteered. "Deprimo!"
A gust of wind shot out from his wand, causing me to stumble backwards. All of the spiderwebs were ripped from the walls and hung limply to the sides of the tunnel. The 'woosh'ing noise echoed loudly.
"Can you put out your wands a second?" I said quietly.
"Nox," they both said, nearly in unison.
Sure enough, a faint blue glow emanated from far down the tunnel.
I was about to say- something- I'm not entirely sure, but I'm positive it was encouraging- when a loud thump sounded behind me. I spun around.
"Ow," said Albus, lying in a heap on the floor.
"What are you doing here?" Ari said hotly. "You left!"
"Honestly, I was just running down the dungeon corridor because I decided I should probably... and then I fell... where am I?" he looked round in wonder, his facial expression clearly saying WHAT IS THIS and is it really happening to ME?
"First off, stop looking so shocked that something big is happening to you, because obviously you're a Potter and therefore a magnet for important things to happen. Second, we're in the secret catacombs that I discovered five minutes ago and are about to go save the world from an alien menace. And there was a prophecy, so. Any questions?"
He smiled slightly, and looked as though he was about to say something when I held up my hand.
"Okay. Time for an explaination.
The Blue Phoenix is actually the Daleks. Mitchell, Trimble, Whitworth, LaCrosse- all Dalek puppets. Those are... Er, people taken over by Daleks, like a parasite. They're dead," I added at the revulsion on their faces. The comment didn't seem to help.
"Anyway, they're trying to take puppets that have magical powers. They couldn't do that before, so they experimented. Took hostages. First they tried a couple Hufflepuffs- easy to subdue, you know? Those didn't work. Then Slytherins- sort of evil, like Daleks, I'm supposing. Then Gryffindors, all bold and proud and resistant- no offense- but none of them worked. And now they're on to Ravenclaws, and Rassilon knows what they're going to do to them..."
I paused and gulped. I knew. I knew all too well, but I wasn't going to be the one who said it.
"They've taken a lot of people, and once they finally get it right, the world-" I made a slashing motion across my throat- "Won't stand a chance.
"A Dalek's weakness is its eyestalk, and the base of its ray. Disable the ray, the Dalek's basically useless. They self-destruct, usually, at that point. Puppets are a bit harder; you've gotta subdue them like any person. They haven't gotten magic yet, so we should have a one-up on them."
I took a deep breath, feeling my hearts racing. Daleks.
The others looked at me with resigned faces, but I could see the horror in their eyes.
"Okay. In we go."