fourteen: realize

They decided to finally stop singing and dancing like it's their last and eat at a fast food chain nearby.

Silence filled the atmosphere while they wait for their food. Not the awkward silence but the comfortable one.

"Did you enjoy?" Seungwoo asked Dongpyo with a genuine smile on his lips.

He was curious about what is the deeper reason behind the sadness of Dongpyo but didn't ask one single question and respected his privacy.

He knew that Dongpyo would have just fought sassily with the bullies instead of crying and running away from them. He was patiently waiting for the younger to share to him.

"Um.. I-i want to thank you." Dongpyo said and smiled.

"For what?" Seungwoo asked as he raised his left eyebrow.

"For this day." Dongpyo smiled.

"I had too much on my mind lately. My parents were on the verge of divorce because they had a big fight and knowing that my parents might divorce? It teared my heart into pieces."

Dongpyo's tears started falling when Seungwoo held his hands tightly. Seungwoo listened to every word Dongpyo said as he looked at the younger with worried eyes.

"I cried about this all night. I haven't even slept this day. Then, once i arrived at school, everyone was talking bad about me but i didn't mind about it because i have too much on my mind already.. but it got worse.

Everyone in my classroom was talking bad about me. Some were even glaring at me like they want to tear me into pieces so i didn't take it that well."

Seungwoo got his handkerchief in his bag and used it to dry the tears that kept falling from Dongpyo's eyes.

"Don't cry. Everything will be fine." Seungwoo said. He caresses Dongpyo's hand softly yet it comforted the younger very well.

"My parents were on the verge of divorce as well." Seungwoo started to tell his story as soon as Dongpyo stopped crying.

"My father cheated. He was my mom's greatest downfall and i saw how she suffered because of my father. They got back together after a while and my mom finally smiles like she used to but i can never forgive my father for what he did.

That's why.. I wanted to get back with Hyewon. I finally saw and learned the side of the women when they get hurt and i didn't want to do that anymore. I want to treat Hyewon right this time."

Dongpyo listened to Seungwoo this time. He saw the mixture of sorrow and anger in his eyes.

He realized that Seungwoo's a changed man. He's not as bad as he was before and the bad image of Seungwoo in his mind was finally cleansed.

They easily shared their problems, which were hidden to their best friends, to each other.

They dont know what came to them but they were both comfortable with sharing their problems to each other. Both of their presence were enough for them to feel at ease.

Soon enough, their food came. They shared different facts and stories about them through dinner.

A new friendship was ignited that day.

After eating, they finally went to their own dorms because it was getting late.

"Where have you been?" Yohan asked, his left eyebrow slightly raised and both of his hands on his hips, as soon as Dongpyo opened the door to their shared room.

"Uh.. uh.. W-with.. Seungwoo hyung." Dongpyo stuttered nervously.

"With Seungwoo?! What were you doing with him?! I heard you didn't go to school this day. Where you with him?!" He scolded Dongpyo.

"Uh yes..."

"And hyung?" Yohan scoffed. "It was just like yesterday when you were saying bad things about him and you even dropped the honorifics!"

"Uh... uh.... Like you said! I gave him a chance and.. he's not bad after all." Dongpyo looked down, hiding his beautiful smile.

"Never skip school again just to go out." Yohan said.

Dongpyo smiled very brightly and hugged Yohan.

"Thank you, Yohan hyung."

Yohan smiled bitterly as he looked at Dongpyo.

- end of chapter -