Prologue: Men long Divided, must Unite

Before, there was war. Men fought men, goals clashed like swords, and kingdoms rose and fell. No one really knew what they were fighting for or why. Good people fought for the wrong causes while the corrupt ones cloak themselves in righteousness. Eventually, everyone decided that enough is enough.

Diplomacy brought nations, clans, and tribes together. In a historic moment, all but a few agreed to lay down their arms to start a new age in their lives. Some wrote this event in history as a victory for their respective nation. Others saw it as a compromise. The more pessimistic ones interpreted it as stalling the inevitable, and perhaps they have a point.

While a ceasefire was agreed upon by most of the nations and clans, there was no peace treaty signed. Open hostilities have stopped, but there was no guarantee that one side would remain neutral towards the others. Years have passed and the people from across the lands have enjoyed peace, but it was not a formal peace.

Nevertheless, the calm that the ceasefire has brought allowed for advancements to occur. Fields of agriculture, architecture, science, medicine, education, and many others flourished. These advancements opened doors of opportunity and people exchanged knowledge, further bringing forth an age of peace and prosperity.

Despite this, the smaller factions continued armed skirmishes against one another even though there was no war. When they falter, they turned to the most powerful of the kingdoms and offered themselves to become vassals in exchange for protection against the other factions. This allowed the four kingdoms to grow in power and influence, but none dared to disrupt the informal peace that has brought so much successes.

Ravenholm.
A mysterious kingdom from the north believed to have descended from beings of darkness. Records of their history were inconsistent at best as they always kept to themselves when interacting with the world. The ruling monarchs of the House of Ravenholm chose to rule in isolation, away from the peering eyes of the world. They isolated themselves to the point that many from outside of Ravenholm don't know who the monarchs are, although they continue diplomatic and trade relations.

The people of Ravenholm are very religious, almost fanatically so. Oftentimes, this religiosity turned into force and their warrior monks quickly proved to be a tough challenge to anyone who faced them. While their army isn't as remarkable as those of the other three kingdoms, they are best known in their use of subterfuge. Whether this has something to do with their culture or the mysterious powers they have been granted are, like many other things related to them, a mystery to the world.

Cheliot.
To them, only the ends can justify the means. The Kingdom of Cheliot of the west is not above using trickery and deception in order to achieve their goals. While their lands were not as generous as those of the other kingdoms, Cheliot is nonetheless prosperous in its economy. While they are successful in maintaining strength, order, and riches, these are fragile and can be destroyed so easily by the inhospitable climates that normally ravaged the Cheliot lands. They go out to take for themselves - something that they always deny.

The Cheliots were known to create armies within a short amount of time, almost out of nowhere. Some even said that their armies aren't even human and are summoned using some twisted magic to augment their existing armies. While not as well-trained compared to the neighboring kingdoms, the armies of Cheliot are vast and their numbers alone can overtake smaller forces with ease. Their armies alone outnumber that of the Felgardians and of the Helestans combined and many know it, making the Kingdom of Cheliot the most feared out of the four kingdoms.

Felgarde.
The people from the south with a warrior-like yet civilized society, Felgarde is a kingdom of many edges. Their red banners fly in the winds as their knights stood clad in their crimson tabards, the Felgardians radiate an aura of strength and aggressiveness, and rightfully so. Their lands are some of the most fertile in the lands, envied by their neighbors. Many have tried to take them, few returned to tell tales and warnings. They are very territorial in nature and would not hesitate to use force should they feel threatened.

Might & Magic of Emotions - Nijisanji FantasyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara