Chapter 27

Being torn apart on a molecular level was not only painful in the extreme, but utterly tedious. 

The second you touched the girl that the contorted power had manifested itself as, she had been instantly absorbed. Your body had been almost-as-instantly torn apart completely. 

To Loki, who had been holding your unconscious form, you simply vanished in a spray of red. He cried out in alarm, eyes snapping up to the spinning cloud of death in the sky. It still raged. His heart felt crushed in his chest. He wasn't entirely sure that all that agony was his. He stood, furrowing his brow. Were you still alive?

Alive wasn't exactly the right word

You were everything. The clouds, the wind, the trees, the ice. A rotten cesspool of ruined potential.  A billion year old bad apple. The urge to spread life and warmth had corrupted, corroding into ruin. You were left with a simple desire to destroy everything.

You lashed out with the bubbling power, sending tendrils of black electricity slamming into the ground so far below you. Every crack and moan of the planet's surface was like a long-aching itch being scratched. 

The image (you couldn't exactly 'see' anymore) of a widening crater reached you, breaking through the fog of raw energy. You forced your consciousness away from that lovely pull of destruction. The effort nearly ripped your soul apart, an aching of something like pain pulsing through you. 

As previously mentioned, being molecularity torn to shreds turned out to be quite tedious. Constructing a body is a process that takes years and years for it to be fully formed. The idea of pregnancy to infancy to adulthood suddenly made sense as you forced your power into reforming a body. The process would be much nicer for everyone if it started out small. 

However, you were pressed for time. 

With an effort that would have made mortal eyes bleed, you pulled yourself back into a physical form, dropping thousands of feet from the electric field of power in the sky to the frozen ground below. 

Loki watched a figure fall from the storm, plummeting to the surface. He broke into a run, sliding down the hill with reckless disregard. He was exhausted from giving you what little of his strength he had possessed, but something more sustaining than stamina allowed him to keep moving. 

It took him minutes to reach the eye of the raging storm. He could see a slumped body on the ground, his heart racing in his chest as he slid the last few feet on his knees. 

He turned you over onto your back. In many ways you looked just the same; the two striking differences being the new color of your hair, which had changed to a luminous white that seemed to glow.

You opened your eyes and revealed difference number two. Your eyes, into which he had quite liked looking, were now the color of a thick puddle of blood. They seemed to be in motion; swimming pools of crimson with hints of black at the edges. Loki recoiled from you. 

You sat up, the motion being just a little bit too fluid to be human. You tried to still the rage of power and pain inside of you, looking through your new eyes at the young prince. His expression was openly frightened. He held up a hand carefully and said, "Y/n?"

You felt yourself glitch, moving out of focus for a spare second. 

What Loki saw was your face momentarily sliding sideways off the body you'd constructed. It settled back into place quickly. He struggled to maintain normal breathing as he said again, "Y/n? Can you hear me?"

 "I hear." 

The voice wasn't yours. Not completely. There was something thick and oily about it. It rang unpleasantly in the Asgardian's ears. He shifted nervously. "I assume. . . I assume your plan worked. Where is the creature that led us here?"