Chapter Twenty Two

"Home should be an anchor, a port in the storm, a refuge, a happy place in which to dwell, a place where we are loved and where we can love." - Marvin J. Ashton

Midoriya stood in front of the Nezu's office, fiddling with his hands. He was nervous, and none of his family were there to comfort him. He wanted to text the Insomnia Squad chat, but knew that he didn't have the time. He raised his fist and knocked. 

Nezu answered immediately. His smile was wide, and he ushered Midoriya into the classroom.

"Now, Midoriya, we will start with the basics, and I will figure out where I will begin teaching you from there." 

The questions began simple, but slowly became more and more difficult. Midoriya answered to the best of his ability, and with each section they completed Nezu's smile grew wider and wider. Yes... he will be perfect. 

By the time the bell rang, Nezu had drank four cups of tea, and Midoriya two. Nemuri picked him up from Nezu's office, and rushed him out of there pretty quickly. 

"You okay?" she asked once they were off the premise. Everyone seemed to be pretty nervous about Nezu, but Midoriya couldn't tell why.

"Yeah. It was really cool, Nezu-san asked me a bunch of questions and seemed happy with my answers. Told me to meet him after lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for classes. I'm pretty excited to be taught by him." He grinned up at Nemuri.

"That's great, sweetie!" she tried to smile as genuinely as possible. In reality, she was terrified as to what Nezu wanted with Midoriya. She doubted it was just out of the goodness of his heart, and knew that there were ulterior motives under ulterior motives. But, at the same time, she knew not to question him personally. She would have to find out in some other way.

Hitoshi was trailing behind them quietly. Midoriya was holding his hand, but that was the only interaction that he had with Nemuri and Midoriya. 

When they got to Aizawa and Hizashi's apartment, it was empty. She assumed it was because they were staying behind to get work done. They did have a lot piled up from over the week. Weirdly enough, Nemuri was the only one to think of doing all of it at home.

"Okay, today is just going to be a chill day. Is that alright?" Nemuri asked. She knew it would be, but she still had to make sure.

"Yeah, you can work, I'll text Toga and them." He pulled out his phone and plopped onto the couch. Hitoshi plopped down next to him and pulled out his phone, playing soft music.

Nemuri spent a little bit of her work time to glance at Midoriya and Hitoshi. They smiled at their phones as the conversation continued on, and she knew that they were talking about strange topics. She smiled to herself. They really were a big dysfunctional family.

Aizawa and Hizashi showed up a few minutes later. They both seemed too tired to do anything so they decided to order takeout. 

("With a sniper, or on a date?" Shinso asked. "Can be both if your bold enough." Hizashi answered quickly, before heading into his bedroom.)

They all gathered at the table, and ate their separate meals in peace.

"What happened at your meeting with Nezu?" Asked Aizawa after a while.

"He asked me a bunch of questions, and seemed pretty happy with my responses." Midoriya took a bite of his dinner. 

"That it?" Aizawa pressed.

"We drank tea." 

Aizawa sighed. What did Nezu want with his kid?

-------------------

He stood in front of the convenience store quietly. He knew what they had told him, but he didn't believe it. Someone who could steal your quirk? It sounded stupid. It sounded like an urban myth made up so that another person could steal all the credit.

He was going to be famous. He was going to be known. So far, no one had done anything even remotely illegal, and that was going to change.

He strutted into the store and pretended to browse, purposefully avoiding the cameras, and keeping his head down. He fingered the trigger of the gun in his pocket. He waited for more people to enter the store. He needed as many people as possible.

Finally, more people came in. A group of them. There was a boy with spiky red hair, and shark like teeth; a girl with pink skin, pink hair, and horns sticking out of her head; a boy with yellow hair with a black lightning bolt in his hair; and their parents.

He smiled to himself as he mentally locked all the doors and windows. He walked out and pointed a gun at the group.

"GET ON THE GROUND!" He shouted. They stared in panic. He pointed the gun at the ceiling and fired. "I SAID GET ON THE GROUND!" They dropped like rocks, and the cashier raised his hands. 

He felt powerful, he felt invincible. He had control over whether or not these people die, and he liked it. That was until a liquid filled his lungs, flooding out of his mouth and nose. It consumed him. When it fell away, he was standing in front of a man. He didn't have a face.

"You didn't listen to the instructions you were given..." the man trailed off.

"You don't need to worry about them remembering it, everything was erased. There is no trace of you ever doing anything, but you still need to be punished. Someone behind him pushed him towards the faceless man. The faceless man pressed a hand against his forehead.

Pain shot through him, it felt as though his own cells were splitting apart and being sewn back together. Red hot flashes of pain filled his senses. He couldn't even scream. After a moment blackness consumed him and he collapsed onto the ground.

----------------

Insomnia Squad

Stabby( ◞・౪・)- Name change birches

Stabby( ◞・౪・) changes Stabby( ◞・౪・)'s name to DeadInside

DeadInside changed YouSleep?Tragic's name to EraserheadJr

DeadInside changed BurntChickenNugget's name to FilletMinion

DeadInside changed CrustyUwU to Dusty

DeadInside changed Babey's name to OwO

OwO- OwO

DeadInside- I am done

FilletMinion- I hate you

OwO- I like mine

EraserheadJr- Why mine?

DeadInside- Have you seen you?

EraserheadJr- Tru tru

Dusty- I'll turn you all to dust

OwO- OmO

Dusty- except for you

OwO- OwO

DeadInside- Chaos has awoken, stronger than ever

OwO- Everyone's bones are wet

DeadInside- mmmm good

EraserheadJr- WHY CAN I FEEL MY BONES?!?!

OwO- You are welcome