Practice alone

Kageyama's point of view
__________________________

I never really noticed Yachi till a little while ago, she was always in her shell and even though she was in the same club as me and practiced with me she always seemed like a background character. But recently I've released that my life has been consumed by volleyball, when I was younger I was bubbly and happy but when I started volleyball I got controlling and I lost o lot of friends. Don't get me wrong I love volleyball it's the best and I don't regret the time and effort I put into it but I still want to have friends that can relate to my drive to get better or respect and want to help mine, so I decided to get closer to her by asking Hinata for her number but when she picked up the phone she basically screamed at me and hung up, now that I think about it she's been avoiding me all year. these thoughts swerved around my mind as I wonder why I can't get this out of my mind, but my thoughts were interrupted when I heard soft footsteps in front of me. As I look up I see her skipping... she looked like a scene from an old movie. My heart was running laps and I felt my legs tremble as I let a few words escape my mouth

"Wanna come yo morning practise with me?"

She stopped and turned around nervously
"w-what" the look on her face almost looked scared which scared me " I-I just thought that there's a lot of time before school so I thought we could practice the quick attack!!" I spat the words out almost like poison "sure".
We walked to the gym in silence until she broke the silence "u-uh sorry about the phone call I was... busy" Her voice sounded so delicate almost like it could snap at any moment "it's fine I was just gonna leave you a message anyway I was a bit freaked out too" she chuckled a little and the tension in the air loosened up a bit. Once we reached the gym I unlocked them and stepped inside as the cool air brushed past me, I grabbed the ball basket and rolled it at her and pulled the poles for the net out and positioned one on my shoulder. As I finished sticking the poles in their spots I the ground and went to grab the net. Once we finished fixing up the net Yachi started placing bottles out for me to hit, it was quiet and even though the practice is fun I wanted to talk with her. 
I shot up the final ball as it knocked down the final ball "WOW your so good at this" Yachi exclaimed, "hey Yachi I wanna talk" she terrifyingly turns to me as her shaking steps sit next to me on the edge of the doorway. " I know you're avoiding me, and I get it we're not close but... look I'm not good with people their wired and confusing the only time I've ever made any real friends are through volleyball and your one of those people so can you just tell me what's wrong?" The look of worry melts off her face as she looks to the sky "uh... I'm sorry, I've been really busy but I'm glad you told me this. I want to be better friends with you too" she turns to me and the sun lit up her face as she looks over at me, my heart skips a beat as she hands me a water bottle and smiles. The bell rings breaking me from my trance "oh we better get going or we'll be super late!", she jumps up and rushes over to the net to take it down. I walk over to help her "my teacher is always late so I have more time then you so I can deal with this" I say as Yachi hands me the net "I couldn't leave you like this, we're friends aren't we!" She looks up and smiles again making me feel warm inside. We finish cleaning up the gym and rush to class with my heart still raising, I only feel like this before a game so why am I feeling it with her?

Yachi's point of view
_________________________

As I run through the class a smile spreads over my face, I guess we're real friends now! The smile on my face grows wider and wider till I accidentally run into a wall. I pick myself off the ground and stumble into class, I plop myself in my seat and open my notebook to make sure I've finished all my homework... I still have a bit of geometry and history to work on, as I'm finishing up with my work I get a text from my mom. "Hey sweetie you can't go to volleyball practice tonight because grandma is coming over" I groan at the text, grandma can be really hard to deal with. She's always asking if I've got a boyfriend Or not, if I say no she lists all the reasons I don't have one but the one she'll tell him the reasons be should find someone better than me. One time I talked Hinata into pretending to be my boyfriend and my grandma pulled him aside and told him to break up with me, but she's family! I lean back in my chair as I think about how fun it would be to go to practice and talk to Kageyama. He had a way of making all my problems go away with a simple sentence but I couldn't ditch grandma, I'd never heard the end of it.
Class finishes and the day continues, I get a lot of homework which is nice because now I have a good excuse to avoid grandma. I rush over to the volleyball gym to tell everyone that I'm leaving early when I bump into Kiyoko, "oh hi Yachi how was your day?" " oh uh it was great but I can't go to volleyball practice today because my grandma is visiting, I was just going to tell everyone" Kiyoko smiles and places a hand on my shoulder "I'll tell them you can head home" I smile and nod as I rush towards the edge of the school so I can catch the early train.

Kageyama's point of view
_________________________

I take my shirt off and replace it with the shirt I use for volleyball practice and turn to look for Hinata who was sitting next to Tanaka and Noya talking about some swimsuit magazine. I hear the door creak open and I see Kiyoko walk in but Yachi isn't with her, Tanaka and Noya nearly sprint over to her as she walks in "Kiyoko MY dARliNG I'M sO happy You'VE coME bAcK sAFelY!" She ducks down as the both fly out the door "Kiyoko what are you doing here usually we meet at the gym, and we're is Yachi" Daichi asks as he fixes his jacket and leans on themselves, "she was coming here to tell you all she had to go home early because her grandma is visiting" "doesn't she hate her grandma" Noya says as he stumbles back in with Tanaka. "Yeah speaking of which has anyone noticed how weird she's been acting?" Hinata asks as he re-ties his shoe "maybe she's PMSing" Tsukushima jokes as he sits next to Yamaguchi, "maybe she's just swamped with homework" Daichi asks a bit uncomfortably after Tsuki's comment.

"Maybe she's in love"

Everyone goes silent as they turn over to Suga zipping up his jacket, and then all hell broke louse. Hinata was jumping up and down while holding onto suga's arm "really! really! You think so!" Asahi was in the corner next to Tsuki and Yamaguchi trying to process everything, Ennoshita and Daichi were trying to stop Tanaka and Noya from climbing up the roof and screaming Yachi's in LOOOOOVE, everyone aside from me and Suga was either gossiping about who it could be or freaking out at the thought that Yachi might be a girl who has romantic feelings. As for me, that sentence felt like a punch to the stomach. Who could it be...
Hiroto.
Yamato.
Ren.
KIYOKO...
HINATA?!
as soon as that thought crossed my mind I rushed over to start a fight with the little shrimp, what could she possibly see in him he's a freaking idiot! He's not even taller than her... wait for does she not like tall guys oh no what if tall guys freak her out-"ACHOO" I began to feel light-headed "hey Kageyama are you ok you look kinda pail are you sick?" Hinata asked as Suga tried to loosen him from the grip I had on his shirt. " no way dumbass I haven't been sick since the fifth grade-" I'm cut off as I fall over on the ground

Crap I'm super sick...