Jewel1307 - nominated for On The Rise, Vampire and Undiscovered Gem, Paranormal

*The crowd gasps. Some people cover their eyes, peaking between fingers while others just point. Camera’s flash brightly as many of the bolder people try to capture as many pictures as they can to drool over later. Down the carpet wearing a satin ribbon halter neckties sweep around the front to a boned corset, leaving a deep V down to the navel. Attention is drawn the V by diamanté crystals that go all the way from the shoulder, down to mid thigh on one side. There is no back to the dress. From the waist, it flares into a chiffon covered, satin, floor length skirt with a high slit up the same side as the diamanté crystals.

     As amazing as her dress is no red-blooded woman is paying attention to Jewel1307, instead all eyes (and cameras) are on her date. A tall Celtic warrior, wearing nothing but a neck band, war paint and a smile.*

Opening and closing her mouth like a landed fish, Ana: Ahh…ummm.

Jewel1307: Hi Ana. Great to be here.

Ana: Umm…..ah…

*Sally, seeing the trouble, runs over to the prop box and grabs two thick black senor strips. Jogging over she puts them in place and steps back.*

Sally: You might get some sense out of her now and after all this is a family program.

Jewel1307 laughs: In one of my more random moods I had thought to come in my birthday suit. But then I remembered I had this dress in my closet and decided to wear it instead.

*Ana’s still hypnotized by the blue paint swirls highlighting the Celts muscles*

Sally: Not that I’m not grateful but why?

Jewel1307: Because it cost me an absolute fortune and I've had it on once.

Ana, still drooling: A dress like that should be warn whenever possible.

Jewel1307: True but getting my fat behind into it after all this time was another matter entirely.

Ana: I’m sure your Celtic God… I mean man here was plenty of help.

Sally turns to Ana: Are you back with us now? Or do you need me to ask the questions.

Ana reaches out her hand: I’m good. But can I just touch?

Jewel1307: No! I heard what you did to Prisim’s date.

Ana pouts: It was her own fault. Right muscling, no wait, moving on. Two of your stories have been nominated for Awards ‘Callie An Enchantress’ for On The Rise, Vampire and ‘Shaman An Enchantress’ for Undiscovered Gems, Paranormal. How did you react when you got the news?

Jewel1307: I only found out the night before that the results were being announced. I can honestly say, I didn't expect to get through but I had to look. At around 5am, when the alarm went off, I had a quick look from the phone as I got dressed - it seemed to take forever to go online. The phone screen is quite small and my eyes were still sleep bleary, so it took a few seconds for me to notice my book cover. I think I scared the life out of the hobby (not a typo, he is my hobby) and the cats, when I leapt out of bed and screamed. A short time later came the WTF moment, because not one, but both of the stories I'd entered had made it through.

Ana smiles: Congratulations again. What are they about?

Jewel1307: Story blurb really says it all I think.

Callie

There hasn't been one like her for 1500 years.

For Callie it's survival. For everyone else it's love at first bite.

Callie is accidentally stabbed and turned into something she thought was myth and a figment of an overactive imagination.

Join her in her fight to save her new soul mate and the new society she has become part of from demons and a master vampire intent on controlling her. With a little help from a few witches, shape shifters and a bit of luck can she actually get a little normality in her 'un-life'?

Everybody loves her. They just can't help themselves

A dark beginning leads into a new twist on the vampire genre. This is not a romance but a young girls survival.

Shaman

Sam returns to help Rick rescue his witch girlfriend after she agrees to help the Master vampire in exchange for his family's lives. Vampires, shape shifters, witches and ghosts make up the cast of Adie's adventure.

Adie travels half way around the world in search of a spell that will release a demon from the underworld, all because her twin sister made him a promise. But Colorado has its own surprises as she gets caught in the middle of a war with a rival pack of mountain lions under the control of the local master vampire, a close ally of the recently departed Demetrious.

Ana: Wow. Was there any point in your story that you were struck by writers block? How did you get through it?

Jewel1307: With Callie, no. I had everything planned out, characters, big events and the smaller events that led up to them. I wrote it in very rough format in eight weeks. There was no editing done at the time. That was a huge mistake for me because when it did come time to edit, I felt daunted by the task. All I could see was page after page of errors. I think I made things worse too by mixing up tenses and altering sentence structures. Thankfully though, a very wonderful lady came to my rescue and is helping me to put things right.

Shaman was a different matter; I was trying to write two sequels at the same time. That was hard and I have the utmost admiration for people who can multi task like that. Things got too confusing between plots and characters, in the end I had to stop writing one so I could concentrate on the other.

Ana: Makes sense. I can only concentrate on one stud at a time too.

Jewel1307: Stud?

Ana: Story, I said story.

Sally:  You said stud.

Betty: You said stud.

Ana turns on them: Thank you unhelpful people who will be waiting on the unemployment line tomorrow if they don’t zip it! If you could be a cartoon character who would you be?

Jewel1307 grins wide: I'd absolutely love to be Jessica Rabbit.... Come on, do I need to tell you why?

Ana laughs: You’re the second person today to say that. Do you have any messages for your fans?

Jewel1307: I love each and every one of you. Your continued support has been amazing. Just thank you, I don't know what else to say.

Ana: I’m sure that is enough. Well I better be letting you get along, you know I hear there was popcorn in there. Why don’t you run along and get some?

Jewel1307 wraps both arms around her warriors bulging bicep: I’m taking him with me Ana.

Ana: Spoil sport. Fine off you go then. Well folks that was Jewel1307, she might not know how to share but she does know how to write. The link to her story Callie is to your right in the external link… well link. If you want to try her other story Shaman you will have to go to her page. Just click the dedication above to get there.

Give them a read so you’ll know your favorites come Awards voting time.