Death Keeps Knocking On My Door

3rd Person POV

SADIE: I'm gonna make this short and simple. Remembrance day is where we write letters to our lost loved ones and then scatter them throughout the cemetery. It's basically like saying you're at peace with their deaths. I hate this day. How can I be at peace with my family's deaths when their killer still roams?

SADIE: But this is where it gets interesting.

Hope, Sadie, and Raf are walking down the hallway at night when a girl walks in all banged up and barefoot through the front door

Raf puts an arm out in front of the two girls to his side

"Cassie?" Raf asks

The girl, Cassie, turns to look at Raf

"Raf." Cassie breathes

"Cassie?" Hope asks. "Isn't that your...?"

"My girlfriend." Raf says, rushing forwards and hugs her

***

Sadie sits at her desk in her room with a notebook in hand and a pen hovering over the page. Nothing had been written down yet

SADIE: If I hadn't mentioned it before, I had a dad, mother, and an older brother -- a half brother

SADIE: If I hadn't mentioned it before, I had a dad, mother, and an older brother -- a half brother. I love them so much but coming to terms with their deaths is something I still haven't done...and I'm not sure I'll ever come to terms with it. People think they can just name a day and have it mean something, but all Remembrance Day is for me is a reminder of what I don't have.

Sadie stares at the page

She groans, throwing her pen down

"This is stupid." She sighs, her head hitting the notebook in front of her

"Not going well?" Hope asks, walking over

"Nope." Sadie says, her voice muffled from her notebook. Sadie looks up at Hope. "What's up?"

"There's a new monster." Hope says. "Wanna come?"

Sadie shrugs

"Sure." Sadie says. "Not like I got anything else to do."

The two girls walk down the halls

Hope and Sadie walk into the cell room where Dr Saltzman is with the most recent Malivore creature

Dr Saltzman holds up a blowtorch

"Dr. Saltzman." Hope says as they walk in

Dr Saltzman lowers the blowtorch, turning it off

"Oh, there you are, lovely girls." The monster says. "I was wondering if you'd come visit me again. How's your friend, the one I saw you with earlier, trying to steal an illicit peek at me?"

"As we speak, he's having an emotional reunion with his dead girlfriend." Hope says. "I assume we have you to thank?"

"Poor dear." The monster says. "Her spirit was clinging to him like a vine in winter. It took barely any effort. Just a little wrinkle of the nose, and poof. Young love reborn. You're lucky that's all I did. The way you've treated a man of my stature, you should be ashamed."