What Was Hope Doing In Your Dreams

3rd Person POV

"Yesterday, I came into possession of another Malivore artifact." Dr Saltzman starts the meeting in the assembly room. It's late at night and the students had been woken up for a meeting. Well, all but Sadie who hadn't been to sleep yet. Students sit around in the chairs and the tables. Sadie sits next to Landon while Raf leans on the table next to Sadie. "It was my hope to find a method of containment before it signaled another monster, but given the emergency meeting I've just called, I'm sure you can guess how well that went."

"Do you see Hope anywhere?" Landon asks Raf

Raf shakes his head no

"But rest assured we are taking every precaution." Dr Saltzman continues. "Sheriff Donovan has been kind enough to open the doors of the Lockwood Mansion to us, so Mr. Williams and Ms. Tig are now in the process of evacuating our students from the lower grades."

"Why don't we just evacuate the damn artifact?" Kaleb asks

"We are much more well-equipped than the world at large to handle the arrival of a monster." Dr Saltzman says. "Once we know what we're dealing with and the problem is contained, then we can reassess what to do with the artifact. If any of you would like to evacuate, please talk to Dorian or Emma. However, exam week will continue as scheduled, wherever you are." Students groan. "I know. I'm sorry. I can't exactly call the state accreditation board and tell them that we're cancelling the exams because of monsters. We'll get through this, I promise. Try and get some rest, okay? Good night."

Students start walking out

Landon stands up

"You coming?" He asks Sadie

"Yeah." Sadie answers, getting up

Sadie, Landon, and Raf walk down the halls

"Hope's M.I.A." Landon says, looking around

"Yeah, she's probably suiting up in her battle armor." Raf says through a yawn. "Girl's basically Wonder Woman."

Landon lets out a laugh

"Either that or she's realized she's made a mistake bringing me back here 'cause where I go, danger follows." Landon says

"My God." Raf groans. "Come on, bro. Now, this one's not on you."

"I mean, her being distant today has got to have something to do with us waking up in a field with amnesia yesterday, right?" Landon says

"Look, until one of you can remembers how you guys got there, I just... I-I just wouldn't think about it." Raf says. "Look, you're here. Think about the good things in your life instead of getting caught up in the bad for once, bro."

"Yeah." Landon says

"Uh, I'm gonna grab my bags and hit the library." Raf says

"Okay." Landon answers

"I'll see you at breakfast in the morning?" Raf asks

"Yeah, see you at breakfast." Landon says

Raf starts walking away

"Hey, Lan, I'm glad you're back." Raf tells him

Landon turns to Sadie

"Yes?" Sadie asks

"Do you know anything?" Landon asks

"About?" Sadie asks

"The whole, us waking up in a field thing?" Landon says. "Was just talking about it 30 seconds ago. Ring a bell?"