Chapter 1: A New Life

~3rd Person~

(Y/N) let out a scream as she falls onto the cold ground.

Bystanders stop in their tracks "Where'd the kid come from?" A man asks, raising an eyebrow "Oh dear, we should get her to a hospital!" A woman cries, running over to the unconscious (Y/N).

~Time Skip~(Y/N)'s Point of View~

I open my eyes weakly and look around, my eyes stop at the sight of a clock that reads "5:08" "Five?" I whisper quietly. "Oh! Good morning!" A happy voice chirps, I turn to see a lady standing at the end of my bed. "What's so good about it?" I chuckle weakly "I feel awful." The lady gives me a concern smile before walking up to me "I'm sorry you feel that way, sweetheart." She sighs, adjusting something above me. "You took a pretty hard fall," The lady tells me, frowning a little "Can you tell me how it happened?"

I frown "No....I-I can't remember." I sigh. I look to see the lady's name tag "Arizona" "Really? Hm, that makes sense, you had a big cut on your head." Arizona says, walking towards the door "Where are you going?" I ask nervously. Arizona flashes me a soft smile before opening the door "I'm just going to get you some breakfast ok," She tells me "I left a book for you so you can make sure you can still read." Arizona chuckles before walking out the room. I smile at the book before opening it.

"I brought your food." Arizona says, placing a plate down "Thanks..." I mutter, not really paying attention. This book is too good to stop reading! Arizona laughs before taking the book out my hand "Hey!" I yell, struggling to sit up "Sorry, but you gotta eat first," She laughs "Geez, your just like my kid." I tilt my head at that. "My daughter always has her nose in a book. It's kinda scary." Arizona sighs, I grab my plate and begin eating "How old is she?" I ask with a mouth full of carrots "She just turned 4." Arizona says. I nod before I feel my eyelids drop "Hey why am I tired...." I yawn "Oh that's a symptom from your concussion." She tells me, picking up my plate "When's my family coming?" I ask, leaning back into my pillows. "I don't know but I'll tell you once they get here..."

But they never came.

~Time Skip~A few months later~

"(Random Name), wake up! I'm hungry!"

I open my eyes to see Arizona's daughter, Harper staring at me with bright eyes. Since I didn't know my actually name, Harper started calling me (Random Name: R/N). "Ok, ok, I'm up." I yawn "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if (R/N) was your real name?" Harper giggles, running to the kitchen "Yeah it would." I laugh, following behind her.

I stop and take at look at the marking on my arm. Arizona said that my parents must've been awful to let me get a tattoo.

I brush my finger over it as a voice echos in my head and it feels like arms are wrapped around me

"It's ok, I know it hurts, but I got you...."