Chapter 5: Hello, Goodbye

My eyes open to see Harper staring at me "You were talking in your sleep...." She whispers, I look around to see it's night "Weird, what happened in the barn?" I ask. "You passed out," Harper says, fiddling with her fingers "You've been acting weird ever since those guys attack us...are you ok?" I let out a sigh before standing up "Hey Harp, do you remember that comic book series we finish in a week?" I ask, she nods "Yeah, but what's that go to do with anything?" She asks, crossing her arms and forcing a pout onto her face. I've never notice how similar she looks to Five, but with female feature and (E/C) eyes....weird.....

"Well...know what, come with me." I tell her. Harper tilts her head, but follows me outside. "Ok?" She asks, I grab Harper hand "P-P-P-Pause." I say nervously as the world around us stops. Harper squeaks and holds my hand tighter "How'd you do that?!" She asks in awe, "Can you keep a secret?" I ask. Harper nods proudly "I think I'm a superhero." I tell her.

"THAT IS SO COOL!"

I giggle as Harper lets go of hand and runs around "So that's how you knew about those guys!" She says, happily "My sister's a superhero!" Harper squeals. "Sister?" I ask, raising an eyebrow, "Yes, you are basically my sister now, deal with it." Harper says, placing her hands on her hips. "Do you mind if I ask you something?" I ask her quietly "Sure." She says, sitting down on a haystack "What happen to your father?" I ask carefully. Harper frowns sadly "I don't have one...." She tells me with a sigh "My mommy isn't even my real my mommy...she took me in just like she took you in." My eyes widen "How do you know all this?" I ask "I read her diary." Harper says. I pull Harper into a hug "I miss mommy..." She sighs "I miss her too." I say, sadly. "But I still have you! And Harlan!" She says with a broken smile.

I smile a little "Come, let's go get some ice cream." I say "But we don't have money." Harper says "I'll make it work." I snicker. "Don't unfreeze time yet though." Harper begs "I won't..." I laugh 'It's not like I know how anyway.'

~Time Skip?~Is it really a time skip if time is frozen?

Harper was enjoying the fact she could run wherever "All these people look weird!" She screams happily, I laugh "Yeah! And why is there a crowd of people chasing-" My jaw drops at the sight of a man with "hello" on one hand and "goodbye" on the other. "(R/N)-I mean-(Y/N)? You ok?" Harper asks, looking at the man "I think....I know him...." I whisper

~Flashback~

"Who gave you permission to hurt my children?" The man asks "What?" Five, a doctor, and I ask. "I didn't touch your kids." The doctor scoffs "Then how did my daughter get that hand print on her cheek?" The man ask. Five and I glance at each other "What are you talking-" The doctor gets cut off by me getting slapped across the face

"WHAT THE HECK, KLAUS?!"

I blink a few times as I stare at him "Klaus..." I whisper, Harper stares at the man too and then looks at the crowd "I think we should save him." She says "Yeah." I say, grabbing the man's arm "Unfreeze..." I sigh. Klaus runs, but then stumbles "What do you mean they aren't moving?" He asks, looking at nothing "Of course he's crazy..." I sigh. Klaus turns to look at me and Harper "BABY SIS! AND SOME RANDOM CHILD!"

Klaus pulls me into a hug "I missed you! You have no idea what I've been up to." He says, I may not completely remember him but it felt nice to hug him. "Who's the kid?" Klaus asks "The kid's name is Harper." She says, sticking out her tongue. "Oh feisty! Is she Five's kid or something?" Klaus asks "Uh..." I say, looking at the ground "I'm not really sure of anything right now...I'm slowly getting my memories back..." Klaus puts his hand over his mouth "Oh no! Not you, baby sis!" He gasps "Are you ok?" A voice says, causing me to scream. "Sorry, (Nickname). Didn't mean to scare you." A guy dressed in all black says, smiling nervously, Harper looks at me confused "Why'd you scream?" She asks.

"You don't see this guy?" I ask, pointing toward the guy in front of me. "No....did the man's crazy rub off on you?" Harper asks, Klaus look offended before he leans down to face Harper and growls.

I look towards the man "Why can't she see you? You're aren't like the British man in my dreams, are you?" I ask. He shakes his head "How can you remember Klaus, but not me? I'm deeply offend." He says, crossing his arms and looking away from me with a fake look of pain in his eyes. "To be fair....I only remember Klaus slapping me across the face." I tell him with a shrug, watching as he and Harper glare at each other before giggling like children. "I'm Ben, your brother and so is he. Well I'm your adoptive brother and he's your actual twin." Ben states "Twin?" I ask, earning a nod.

I look at Klaus "So you're 58 too?" I ask, Ben shakes his head "I died 2 years after you and Five left....but I would be 31." He sighs. I frown sadly as a scene plays in my head....

~Flashback~

I let out a weak cough as Five and I walk through the apocalypse. "Five, look!" I cry before running off "(Y/N)?!" Five calls, chasing after me. We've been in the apocalypse for 3 years and I haven't read anything except for the same newspaper over and over again and all it did was make me sad (so Five forced me to stop reading it).

I smile at the sight of a bookshelf, it was dusty burn and probably could fall on me at any moment, but it still had book! The book that caught my eyes was a book with last name "Hargreeves" on it "(Y/N), you can't run off. What if we lost each other?!" Five scolds, I ignore him, taking a seat on the ground and opening the book "For Five, (Y/N), and Ben, the only people who cared....may you finally have the peace you deserve." I read quietly. Five eyes widen as I show him the book

"Ben?"

My frown saddens at the memory "I....I remember when we found out..." I whisper, Ben's head perks up "I blamed myself," I sigh "I thought you might've lived longer if I was there to help you...." Ben smiles sadly "Don't stress over the past, (Nickname). Stress over the present and our brother." He says, gesturing to Klaus, who was stealing snacks. I giggle "Why are you running?! No one can stop you!" I laugh as Klaus and Harper walks up to us "I like him, he's weird, but likable." She says, eating some chips. Klaus wraps an arm around me.

"So where to?" He asks, I blink a few times "What?" I ask "Well normally when I find you, you have somewhere to go and I tag along. I always end up getting yelled at by your husband." He says, laughing a little, I tilt my head "Is Five mean?" I ask. "He's mean to everyone but you." Ben tells me "He's like a schoolboy around you! It's adorable!" Klaus giggles. Harper looks at me concerned "You're married?" She asks "I'll explain later." I whisper as Klaus clears his throat "I know we could go." He says. "Where?" I ask, Ben's groan and sigh is really concerning. Harper grins brightly at Klaus as he takes her hand and then takes mine

"I'm taking you to my mansion. Then we're gonna find your man."

A/N: We're not gonna talk about how the reader flat out left Vanya (they'll see each other again later....) we gotta focus more on the powers, memories and the doomsday!

Yelp, later...

🌟OutThere out🌟