Chapter 3: "I'm your husband."

"(R/N)!" Harper sobs, I quickly jolt up. When did I fall asleep? "Harper?! What's wrong?!" I ask quickly "Th-they got her!" Harper sobs "Who got who?" I ask nervously as Vanya and Sissy enter the room "Arizona...." Vanya says, looking down. "Whoever attack the house last night went after her," Sissy tells me with a pained look in her eyes "And she wasn't so lucky to escape." My eyes widen "No....that can't be true!" I yell, tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

Sissy sighs "I'm sorry, (R/N)...." She says gently "Arizona was the closest I had to a mother," I cry, holding onto Harper tightly "Now where are we gonna go?!" Vanya and Sissy look at each other. "I've already talk to Carl," Sissy says gently "He says you to can stay here." Harper sniffles and Harlan walks into the room.

Without saying anything, Harlan walks to Harper and pulls her into a hug.

~A few days later~

"Vanya! (R/N)! Harlan and I wanna play hide and seek!" Harper declares, I giggle "How about we play in the barn?" I suggest. Sissy nods "Go ahead, I'll finish lunch." She tells us, Harper grins "Vanya's counting!" She cheers before pulling me and Harlan with her.

I find a spot by the front door 'It's so obvious that Vanya will never look here!' I mentally laugh. I crouch down and cover my mouth as Vanya walks into the barn "Ready or not here I come!" She calls. I smile, for some reason, playing hide and seek with Vanya makes me really happy.

I frown nervously when I see a very large man walk into the barn. "Come on guys," Vanya chuckles "Come out, come out, wherever you are." I stare at the man carefully as Vanya continues searching. Vanya finally notices the man "Vanya?" He asks, carefully walking up to her. "You know who I am?" Vanya asks with a hint of joy in her voice, I swallow nervously "What? Of course I know you." The man says, confused.

Vanya walks closer to the man "I've been putting ads in the paper hoping somebody  would-" "Stay back." The man says as a hand goes to his back. My eyes widen when I hear a gun cock.

I quickly crawl out my hiding spot "He has a gun." I warn. The man quickly turns and looks at me "(Y/N)? Y-you're here too?!" He asks "(Y/N)?" I ask, tilting my head. "We lost our memories..." Vanya tells him, but I run and stand in front of her "Why are you trying to shoot her?!" I growl. The man blinks a few times "How do we know you? Are we part of something bad?" I ask "(R/N)?" Harper asks. The man look surprised when Harper and Harlan ran up to us. "(Y/N), Five is looking for you...you should be with him." The man says "Who's Five?" I ask, still not trusting him "Is he your leader?!" "Stop it." The man sigh "Stop what?" Vanya asks, holding me closely. "What ever game you two are playing, (Y/N), come with me." The man say sternly "We're not lying." Vanya says. I was about to say something when Vanya nervously spoke up "Did I do something?" She asks, I look at the man "It's more complicated than that..." He sighs

"If I hurt you, I'm-I'm sorry." Vanya says. "DON'T!" The man yells "P-p-p-p...." I stutter under my breath "You shouldn't be the one to apologize...." The man sighs, causing me to freeze. Harper holds onto my leg tightly "Are you a bad man?" She asks. "What did you do?" I ask at the exact same time "I let you down...both of you..." He sighs looking between me and Vanya. "At least we know that you two know each other..." Harper whispers, making me chuckle. The man was gonna speak again, but a bullet went through him. "SISSY!" Vanya gasps as Sissy walks into the barn "PAUSE!" I scream out, tightly gripping my head.

I gasp as I look around to see everything around me frozen "V-Vanya?" I whisper, gently poking her. She didn't move.....no one was moving...

I whimper and look around the barn "H-how did I do this?" I ask, shaking as I look at the palms of my hands. They had a (F/C) glow. I swallow thickly and sigh "What am I gonna do?" I whisper, running to the lake. I touch the water and it wouldn't move

"It's always amazing to see what you can do."

My eyes widen as a boy, around my age, walks up to me. I back away a little and nervously ask "How are you here and talking?" I ask, staring at the ground. "Your power doesn't affect me, (Y/N)...." The boy says, cupping my cheeks in his hands. I blush but pull away quickly "Who-who are you?! How'd you get here?!" I ask. The boy frowns before taking my hand....

"I'm your husband."