Chapter 13: Time To Find/Kill Dear Old Dad

Word Count: 2342

~3rd Person~

Harper watches as Luther storms off and Diego follows. "Is (Y/N) ok?" She asks Five nervously "Hm, of course she is, (Y/N)'ll be back soon." He tells her. Harper frowns sadly, Five noticed this and looks down awkwardly.

"Is is always like this?"
"What?"

"Is there always something you have to fix? Does everyone always end up separated?"Harper asks, resting her back against the wall. Five sighs "Feels that way, but this time it feels worse..." He says, Harper studies him closely. Five tries not to let her see the pain in his eyes, but Harper saw it.

Harper looks at Five sadly before wrapping her arms around him. Five was so shocked that he didn't move "It might not mean much, but I'll help out any way I can!" She states with a bright grin "You're just like her...." Five chuckles quietly "Like who?" Harper asks "That's not important right now," Five says, showing Harper a small smile "Come on, let's find (Y/N)." Harper doesn't move and just stares at Five "You want a piggyback ride, don't you?" He asks. "Yep!" Harper beams, Five lets out the smallest of chuckles before bending down so Harper could climb on his back.

"Where'd everyone else go?" Harper asks, looking around as she and Five walked "Who knows?" Five sighs, rolling his eyes. "You know, you're really different than (Y/N)." Harper laughs "Really? How so?" Five asks, raising an eyebrow "It's like you two are puzzle pieces," Harper says, playing in Five's hair "You're different shapes, but somehow you fit perfectly." Five looks down with a faint smile "I guess you're right..." He laughs quietly, a blush appearing on his cheeks "Of course I am." Harper jokes.

~Flashback~(Y/N)'s Point of View~

"I'm what?!"

"You are pregnant, Mrs. Hargreeves." The doctor repeated for the 10th time "That's not possible," I sigh, rubbing my arm "I'm 54, I couldn't have kids!" The doctor lets out a sigh "Hm, yeah, that's what a lot of women think." He says, pulling out a chart "You see, your body doesn't really know what age it is, even though your mind does. So it's possible for you to have a child-a very healthy one in fact." I blink a few times before sighing "And the Commission will just....let me take care of my kid in peace?" I ask.

The doctor sighs and shakes his head "No....I'm sorry." He says, looking away "Of course not." I chuckle sadly. "So what are you gonna do?" The doctor asks with a concerned tone "Well....." I trail off trying to remember his name "Herb." His says calmly "Well Herb," I say, standing up "First I have to tell my husband and then I'm leaving the Commission." Herb eyes widen "You can't do that!" He says. "You can't stop me and you won't tell anyone, right?" I ask, balling my fist up "Right!" Herb says quickly "And when I'm gone, you can take my spot." I tell him before walking out the room. While walking I hear a quiet "Yes!" Coming from Herb.

~Now~

I shake my head as the lady brakes the glass and opens the door "This chick better be important....or I followed her for nothing." I grumble, looking back and forth before running towards the door. I look inside before teleporting behind the lady "Alright what's your deal?" I ask, crossing my arms. She smirks "Well, I had to get you here some way and your husband said he'd kill me if he saw me again." She states with a shrug. "Then he must have a good reason..." I say cautiously.

The lady laughs "You know," She says, smirking widely "I always hear about how great you and Five were, but that wasn't really you? Was it? No, it was all him. So...what are you without him?" I look at her up and down "You have no idea who I am." I scoff "And neither does Harper." The lady sighs, faking a pout. "Who are you?" I ask, crossing my arms