Chapter 1: Idols

I guess this is my first chapter, so here we go! Sorry if any of the characters are OOC (Out Of Character), but I tried my best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

It was a beautiful day in the lovely town of Magnolia. The season was Spring, and flowers were starting to bloom in various different colors. On the east side of town sat a large building with a large sign that read, "FAIRY TAIL". If one was to perceive the large building from the outside, one could say that the Fairy Tail guild was a nice, calm guild where everyone got along perfectly. One would be wrong. Very, very wrong.

In reality, Fairy Tail is an incredibly rowdy and uncontrollable guild, known for destroying most structures they come across. Though they may be quite loud, they have some astonishingly powerful wizards.

On this particular day, the Fairy Tail guild was especially noisy. Gray and Natsu were brawling as usual while their guild mates watched with awe at how they could keep it up for so long. Cana was busy having a drinking contest with Master Makarov, who seemed to be keeping up with her pretty well. Elfman was preaching to some members of the guild about being "a real man". Romeo and Wendy were listening to Mirajane and Lisanna gossiping about possible couples in the guild. Lucy and Levy were talking about a book they were reading while Gajeel snacked on some iron nearby. Everything seemed perfectly normal. But everyone knows that "normal" doesn't last long, especially in the Fairy Tail guild hall.

A green-haired man by the name of Freed Justine was the one to start the chaos. He was sitting at table near the back of the guild hall with the rest of the Thunder Legion, Bickslow and Evergreen. Laxus, their leader, sat two tables away, listening to his music on his Sound Pods. 

"Hey Bickslow," Freed said with a serious tone.

"Yeah, Freed?" Bickslow responded cautiously. At the sound of her captains' voice, Evergreen perked up to listen to their conversation.

"You know how we admire Laxus' strength and such?" Freed questioned.

"Uh, yeah?" Bickslow responded in a questioning tone. Bickslow sneaked a glance towards Evergreen, who just shrugged. 

"I've been thinking, do you think that there is anyone that Laxus idolizes as much and we do to him?" Freed asked, finally looking up from his tea to face his teammates. Bickslow and Evergreen were about to answer, until they realized they didn't know how to answer.

The three of them sat there in silence, all trying to think of a reasonable response.

"I mean, he definitely does not idolize his father in any way, after all of the horrible things he's done. I would say that he idolizes Master Makarov, but the way Laxus acts towards him does not resemble admiration in my opinion," Freed explained quickly. They pondered the idea that there was someone, unknown to them, whom their Thunder God idolized over himself. 

"Should we...ask him?" Evergreen finally spoke, grabbing the attention of the two men.

"Since we've got no other ideas, we might as well," Bickslow said while his babies mimicked, "Ask him! Ask him!"

Freed nodded silently and slowly stood up from his seat. Bickslow and Evergreen did the same, all of them nervous as to what the lightning mage would say. Freed carefully walked over to the table that Laxus was sitting at. He took in a deep breath and tapped the large man on the shoulder.

"Hm?" Laxus said as he turned off his music and glanced over his shoulder.

"What's up guys?" the blonde asked as he acknowledged the presence of his friends.

"Can we ask you a question? If it's too personal, you don't have to answer." Freed spoke, over the noise of the commotions in the guild hall.

"That's it? 'Course I can. What is it?" Laxus questioned, seriousness glazing his voice.

"We wanted to ask....if there was anyone you idolized. Like how we idolize and admire you. As I said, you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable doing so." Freed explained.

Laxus stayed silent for a couple moments, leaving an awkward silence in the air around them. This silence was quickly filled in by the noises of their guild mates, but the Thunder Legion still feel uneasy.

"Uh...yeah. Why do you ask?" Laxus answered warily.

"Really? Who?!" Evergreen shrieked just a little too loud. In half a second, almost the entire guild hall's attention was directed in her direction. Elfman was the first to speak.

"Is everything alright? Do you need a real man to-," Elfman started.

"LAXUS! You wanna fight?!" interrupted a certain salmon-haired dragon slayer.

"Wha-" the blonde started, obviously irritated. Suddenly, the entire guild burst out in argument. Some of them didn't even relate to Evergreen's outburst.

"Evergreen, Elfman, Natsu, please calm down.", Freed started, trying to calm everyone down, "I know you're confused, just allow me to expla-"

Freed was interrupted by a chair flying through the air and onto his face, almost knocking him over. After using a minute to compose himself, he took in a deep breath.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!" Freed screeched. At that moment, the entire guild stopped what they were doing and looked at Freed with panicked expressions. Normally, Freed was a generally poised and civil person, but sometimes he got mad. Whenever Freed got mad, you would have a better chance at living if you were to steal Erza's cake and eat it right in front of her. The entire guild hall was silent for was seemed like an eternity until Freed finally took a deep breath.

"Sorry for yelling. We were just having a conversation with Laxus, and Evergreen was shocked at something he said. I apologize for the commotion." Freed explained, back in his normal and composed manner.

The guild members around Freed quickly nodded their heads and went back to what they had been originally doing. Freed turned around and sent a menacing glare towards Evergreen, who simply gulped and nodded vigorously. The person who seemed the most shocked was Laxus, who had never seen Freed in his angered state. 

Freed looked back at Laxus, whose face showed surprise (and maybe fear?). 

"So, whose this idol? What kind of magic does he use?" Bickslow said, removing any past tension from the air

"She  is a lightning mage. " Laxus spat quietly. 

"Really?! Can we meet her?" Evergreen said excitedly, making sure to keep her voice down.

"Well, I don't really know where she is currently, so I don't think so..." Laxus said.

"What if we tracked her down?" Freed thought out loud.

"Yeah, baby! We could totally track her down!" Bickslow said.

"Whatever..." Laxus spoke softly, turning his music back on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Like I said, this was just a random idea that I felt like writing. Have a great day! 

:)