Chapter 2: Job

So here's Chapter 2!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No One's POV

The Thunder Legion had been searching through country and city records for the name that Laxus had given them, "Eden Gaskill". Even though Laxus had told them that she used to live in Magnolia, they weren't able to find anything on her or her family.

"It would seem that any traces of the name 'Gaskill' were removed from every record book in the country." Freed stated bluntly, seemingly giving up.

"I mean, Laxus told us she preferred to isolate herself from society, but it's like she doesn't even exist!" Bickslow exclaimed angrily.

The group was sitting at a table in the guild hall, sifting through various record books that they had grabbed from their local library.

"Maybe we should grab a job to take our minds off the research a bit?" Evergreen suggested. The two male wizards nodded in agreement and stood up to make their way to the request board. The team looked through the requests on the board, but none of them seemed to peak any of their interests.

"You guys goin' on a job?" a gruff voice spoke from behind. They turned around to see Laxus standing there, arms folded at his chest.

"Yes, just to take our mind off of researching for a bit. Do you wish to join?" Freed asked.

"Nah. But I was about to take this job request," Laxus held up a sheet of paper, "and I thought maybe you guys would want to tag along?"

"We would be delighted to. May I ask what the request is for?" Freed questioned. Laxus handed him the request with a grunt, and Freed proceeded to read it aloud.

"I live in a town called Pathstow, which is about a mile or two away from Munrose Canyon. People have recently been feeling a strange force near the canyon. Adding to that, the rate of thunderstorms in our area has increased tremendously over the past couple of weeks. We ask that you send some wizards to investigate these strange occurrences." the rune mage read.

"Sounds cool...but, um, Laxus?" Bickslow asked warily.

"Yeah?"

"I've been to Pathstow before for a job and well..."

"Just spit it out."

"It's a four hour train ride from Magnolia."

Time Skip ~~ brought to you by Laxus' motion sickness ~~

"Urgh...remind me to never chose jobs that require riding any type of vehicle ever again." Laxus groaned as they all got off the train. Bickslow and Evergreen snickered as Freed smiled from his teammates' playfulness.

"It's getting late, so we should probably find a hotel for tonight and meet up with the client tomorrow," Freed spoke as his team exited the train station.

The group found a decent hotel for a reasonable price. They decided to get one double room and two single ones, since both Laxus and Evergreen liked to have their privacy. Freed had gotten used to Bickslow's obnoxious snoring, so he was fine with sleeping in the same room as the seith mage. Laxus was also known for snoring quite loudly, but compared to Bickslow's it could be as loud as a pen drop. 

Time Skip ~~brought to you by Evergreen's fan addiction~~

Freed was the first one to wake up, so he decided to get dressed and explore the town a bit. It was still quite early in the morning, so they could meet up with their client in a couple of hours. 

The town of Pathstow was fairly small, only having a handful of buildings apart from housing. During his walk, Freed spotted a little cafe, so he decided to grab a small breakfast fro his friends. 

Knowing well what each of them liked, he ended up getting a blueberry muffin and plain yogurt for Evergreen, a breakfast burrito for Bickslow, a breakfast sandwich and a black coffee for Laxus, and a plain bagel for himself. 

The rune mage made his way back to their hotel, spotting a library that he would most definitely have to check out later.

Upon arriving at the hotel, he checked on Evergreen first, who opened her door looking relatively organized.

"Hey Freed," Evergreen said, her voice sprinkled with fatigue.

"Evergreen, I picked up breakfast for everyone. Here is yours." Freed said, handing her a bag containing her muffin and yogurt.

"Thanks Freed! When should I go to meet the client?" Evergreen asked, taking the bag.

"I'll come and get you once Bickslow and Laxus are sorted out." Freed answered with a smile.

"Got it. See you later then." the fairy mage concluded, shutting the door. Freed chuckled to himself, and made his way to the room occupied by his Thunder God.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Laxus?" the green-haired mage asked cautiously.

Freed heard a grunt accompanied by a shuffling noise, right before the door opened, revealing a tired-looking dragon slayer.

"Mhm?"

"I got everyone breakfast. Here is yours."

"Thanks Freed."

"My pleasure. Can you meet us in the lobby in 30 minutes?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Thank you. See you then."

The door shut a little louder than Freed expected. Ever since the Thunder Legion had started to find Laxus' "idol", the lightning mage has been in a considerably grumpy mood.

Freed dismissed the thought and went to go wake up Bickslow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's another chapter done!!!

Have a great day!

:)