Chapter 9: Surprise?

Chapter 9..!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laxus' POV

I can't believe Levy called me to help with Erza's rampage. Couldn't she have called that metal headed boyfriend of hers? According to Levy, Gajeel was 'out of town' and wouldn't be able to help. I swear I had seen him at the guild hall this morning, but I guess it can't be helped. 

I finally arrived at the door to Fairy Hills. It was hard to believe one of Fairy Tail's S-Class wizards was rampaging in the place, since it seemed so quiet. I shrugged my shoulders and knocked on the large oak doors, impatiently tapping my foot.

I was quite surprised to see Eden answer the door. Why couldn't she have helped stop Erza? She was one of the sanest people I know.

Nobody's POV

Eden stood and stared at the Lightning Dragon Slayer with semi-wide eyes. Nearby, four girls huddled and watched the conversation between the two wizards.

"Whatcha doin' here?" Laxus asked. 

"Weren't you the one who threatened Evergreen in case she wouldn't let me stay at her place?" Eden answered with an amused tone. Laxus scoffed at this, and he was followed by a whole lot of awkward silence.

"Where's Erza at?" Laxus questioned suddenly, cutting the tension between the two.

"She's here, but everything's been taken care of." Eden swiftly explained, sending the two into another vat of painful silence.

.

.

.

"So how's-"

"I guess-"

The two stopped midsentence, gesturing for the other to finish. At this point, Eden was fidgeting nervously while also playing with a bit of her hair.

"You alright?" Laxus asked with a worried look in his eye. Eden felt even more uncomfortable under his intense stare.

"Can I tell you something? Or ask you, rather." the dark-haired mage inquired, staring down at her feet. Eden was usually incredibly energetic and hasty, but when it came to anything relating to her feelings, she was a wreck. Laxus knew this all too well, and he had a gut feeling as to what the cause of her nervousness was. He nodded, barely knowing what to expect.

Eden hesitated before answering, "Theoretically, say I liked you on a romantic level. This is all theoretical of course. So if I did like you as such, how would you perceive those feelings?"

Eden made sure to chose her words carefully, since she didn't know what the blonde's reaction would be. Meanwhile, the four onlookers were busy facepalming and muttering curses under their breath. Laxus smirked, knowing exactly what the situation was.

"You're such and idiot." Laxus said whilst smirking. Eden was about to retort back, but she was silenced by Laxus' lips upon hers. Her entire body froze up, not knowing how to react or what to do. She didn't even have the chance to kiss back before they parted seconds later. 

Laxus laughed when he saw Eden's face, contorted with confusion. Only seconds later did she realize what had just happened.

"You-....I-...why....how..?" she managed to sputter out finally, earning another chuckle from Laxus. Eden was able to calm herself enough to at least breathe normally at this point, but it didn't help much.

"How about you stay at my place instead?" Laxus asked, his own face showing signs of a light blush. Eden just nodded and muttered something about 'getting her stuff' before shutting the door.

Immediately, Erza, Lucy, Levy, and Evergreen came out from their hiding spot and tackle-hugged Eden.

"Get offa me!" the dark-haired mage squealed, trying to push them off of her. They eventually climbed off of her, wide smiles plastered on their faces.

"Don't keep him waiting! Get your stuff!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have no idea how I'm going this story, but I think the next chapter will be the last one.

Have a great day!!!!

:))))))