Chapter 3: Canyon

Time for chapter 3!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV

The Thunder Legion stood in front of a small shack, one that barely resembled a house. Though the general location of their request was in Pathstow, their employer lived in a wooded area nearby town.

Freed reluctantly knocked on the wooden board that resembled a door. The group heard a chorus of sounds come from behind the door, some stranger than others. The door was pushed aside, revealing a short man with grayish hair and bulging green eyes.

"Oh! You must be the wizards I called for! Come in, come in!" the strange man beckoned.

The team of wizards followed the man carefully, just in case he some some sort of bad intention. The man gestured for them to sit down on some couches, which didn't look very well-kept. In fact, his entire house was practically in shambles.

"My name is Crolt. I'm a scientist working for the Magic Council, currently stationed here." the man, now known as Crolt, explained.

The Thunder Legion was shocked that such a sloppy man would be working for the Magic Council, but they let him continue anyways.

"Recently, I've been sensing an extremely strong magical charge coming from Munrose Canyon, along with thunderstorms becoming a common weather occurrence around these parts. I talked to the Council about the issue, and they recommended sending some wizards to investigate," he handed Laxus a map, "Here is the location of the canyon. I've marked the part where I believe the disturbance is coming from."

"Thank you for the information. We shall go and inspect the canyon as you have asked," Freed declared as he stood up, motioning for the rest of his team to do the same.

Time Skip ~~brought to you by my frog child, Frosch~~

The Thunder Legion arrived at Munrose Canyon, a large valley of stone walled up by layers of red rock. On their way there a thunderstorm had appeared, even though there was previously a clear sky. The moment the friends had laid eyes on the beautiful sight, they had also felt the magical presence that Crolt had told them about.

Now, they were climbing down the steep rubble to get down to the canyon's floor. Actually, none of them were really climbing. Evergreen was using her fairy wings to fly down, Bickslow was being carried by his babies, Freed had used his 'Dark  Écriture: Wings', and Laxus had used his lightning to easily teleport down to the bottom.

An incredibly familar scent hit Laxus' nose as he waited for his comrades to meet him. He tried to ignore it, but he knew it too well to simply disregard such an important aroma.

As his team's neared the bottom, they could see the conflicted expression on their leader's face.

"Everything okay there, baby?" Bickslow asked as he stepped off of his babies.

"Uhh...yeah. It's just this level of magic power is messing with my senses." Laxus resolved dully.

???'s POV

I sat on a large boulder, thinking about dinner. Should I go hunting in the woods, or should I go into town to see what food they would have?

Suddenly, I felt a familiar charge coming from the direction of the canyon entrance. (A/N: 'charge' refers to every lightning mage's "signature", similar to how every person has their own scent)

It can't be, I thought. It's been over 8 years since we've last seen each other, so why would he now just suddenly pop up? It didn't make any sense.

Since I was at a loss of what to do, I put my thoughts of dinner aside and went to investigate this familiar charge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for chapter 3!

Have a great day!!

:)