Prologue

-----------------
Above picture of Ivy
-----------------
The girl sat under the tree, singing quietly while reading the thick book in her hand. More leaves fell from the tree and scattered over her, helping her blend in with the yellows and oranges of the leaves around her.

Ivy wasn't like the other kids. She lived in her own little world most of the time just so she could avoid the crumbling mess of her life around her. Reading took her to another place and singing showed her that no matter how dull or dark the world could be, there was still a light. No matter how bright.

She could hear the sounds of her stepfather yelling in his drunken state and she could hear the many neighbours arriving to express their grieving but still she didn't move. Instead she just quietened her singing so that she wouldn't be found. Ivy wanted to grieve alone and the last thing she wanted was to be disturbed.

She was only 15 and yet her mother had died and taken the small amount of happiness Ivy had left. Her father had disappeared without a trace almost a year ago and now her mother had died from cancer and now she was alone. Well, not totally alone. She had her stepfather who mum had married after Ivy's real father had disappeared but Ivy didnt really talk to him. In fact, he thought Ivy was a mute because she never spoke to him although he could be nice.

A cool voice snapped her out of her thoughts and scared her so much it caused her singing to suddenly hit a high note. She quickly shut up and turned to where the voice had come from. A boy about her age with locks of brown hair, the body of a Greek god and cool blue eyes stared at her and she instantly put on the fake smile she was so good at. "Hi, I'm Ivy. It's nice to meet you." She told him and he rolled his eyes. "Ryan. I'm your new neighbour but I've been living in the town for a while now. I came to pay my respects for Carly Daniels."

His voice was strangely soothing but her fake smile wavered a bit at her mother's name. "Yes she was my mother." Ivy said quietly and Ryans face turned pitying, "I'm sorry. How about we talk later? I have to go find my sister. See you."

Ivy nodded and the boy ran off, damn he was fast, and hot... She would be looking forward to talking to him again later.

Sighing and shaking her head she nestled herself back into the leaves under the tree and lay on her side, no singing, no reading, just lying in silence among the leaves that had been rejected from their home. Just like she had been.
------------------------------
The boy was walking around, looking for where Candice could have possibly have disappeared to when he heard soft singing, beautiful singing.

There was a girl about his age with soft brown hair, blue eyes and the most beautiful voice imaginable. It was the voice of an angel and he stood there a moment, listening to the girl's singing. He recognised the song as Fix You and that made him smile weakly. It was such a sad song and yet when this stranger sing it the song suddenly reminded him of some of his best memories and the good things of the world.

Pulling himself from the trance she had put him in he began to clap slowly and said "hi". His voice seemed to frighten the little angel and she looked up at him with wide eyes as she accidently sung the note a lot higher than she should have. The girl jumped to her feet and he noticed that she was only a little shorter than he was. Damn she had legs! He thought appreciatively as she began to say something.

He wasn't focused on what she was saying but he did notice that her name was Ivy. Taking another look at Ivy he saw that she was sporting a fake smile which she was obviously hoping would fool him. Before he could stop himself he rolled his eyes but instantly began to talk.

"Ryan. I'm your new neighbour but I've been living in the town for a while now. I came to pay my respects for Carly Daniels." He said and she went a tiny bit pale and her smile wavered at the mention of Miss Daniels but she nodded. "Yes, she was my mother." Ivy's voice was softer this time and Ryan began to feel pity towards the girl in front of him.

"I'm sorry. How about we talk later? I have to go find my sister. See you." He said quickly and ran in the other direction. He wasn't really looking for his sister, instead he looped around and watched from a distance as Ivy lay down amongst the leaves and closed her eyes, all evidence of a smile wiped from her face. Instead she looked broken with her eyes closed and legs curled into the fetal position.

Ryan began to wonder what he would be like if his mother died. He would be sad of course but probably not as sad as Ivy seemed to be. She must have been close to her mum, then again Ryan had never been close to his mum. She was a gold digger who was only with his dad for his money.

He felt jealous of Ivy but he shook off the feelings and closed his eyes, breathing in a deep breath of the fresh air around him. As he watched the girl shift slightly he made a promise to himself, he would see this girl again and they would become friends. Maybe even more then that...

But first he would have to get her to move to his school. She couldn't go to his school already because he would have noticed someone like her or if he didn't she at least would know him since he was a part of the Stereotypes. And everyone knew the five. Everyone at Campbell High anyway.

---------------------------
A/N: The chapter is only written like that because it was the prologue.

What's your eye colour?